First Try at a GoPro Video: January Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great video... I like that you included the boat ride and surface shots... Tells a great story. What did you use to edit it? The transitions were simple but smooth.

In your post you mentioned red and magenta filter? Which did you use? Usually I would use different filters based on water color.

blue water - yellow filter up to 20ft on sunny days red deeper than 20ft or any depth on cloudy days.
green water - orange filter up to 20ft on sunny days and a magenta filter deeper than 20ft or on cloudy days.

i also use a polo fizzed filter for above water when it is bright to reduce glare. The back shatter flip is great so you can easily switch as you descend or conditions change.

Nice job. I will be using mine for the first time there in a few months.
What was that fish at the 6:37 mark and on you leg at the end?

We primarily used the red filter. The magenta was too much. Colin edited with the GoPro software. I leave for Dominica in a few days, and we'll see how the GoPro and filter work with the whales.

---------- Post added February 3rd, 2015 at 10:51 AM ----------

A remora. We think it jumped off that shark that came under Colin. It stayed with us for 40+ minutes.

We primarily used the red filter. The magenta was too much. Colin edited with the GoPro software. I leave for Dominica in a few days, and we'll see how the GoPro and filter work with the whales.

---------- Post added February 3rd, 2015 at 10:51 AM ----------

A remora. We think it jumped off that shark that came under Colin. It stayed with us for 40+ minutes.

thanks I was going to try the gopro software on my next video... I have tried a bunch on windows PC and they are all chunky. thanks for the update.

Excellent video. Thanks for sharing.
Where did you buy the red filter?

Great video. Thanks for sharing. I'm curious where you got your red filter from as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom