Cozumel in November - Need your opinions please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cuddlefish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Would you guys hesitate to visit Cozumel in the first couple of weeks in November? Planning around potential hurricanes isn't possible..I know, I know. Just looking for feedback.

I have been to Cozumel several times in early November and highly recommend it. The water is still warm, usually in the low 80s, the summer's high heat is gone, and crowds less. Tough to beat!

Early November finds the water still warm, the crowds less: and at the fringe of an unlikely hurricane anyway. I personally find the very best times for Cozumel (many Reasons) to be May- June and September-mid November. That plus if you come early, Halloween is a fun time for all.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Bienvenidos - Aldora Divers | Only the best of Cozumel

I always go around Nov. 1-12. Find the weather a perfect 80 daytime and 70 @ night with low humidity. No tropical storms over the last 10 years I've been there, just the occasional quick moving T- storm mostly at night as the temp drops causing the atmosphere to condense. (to technical) You can get great rates at Hotels and Resorts during that time. Looks like this year I will be there OCT.31-Nov.8. Like Dave said Halloween is celebrated pretty good on the Island.

Would you guys hesitate to visit Cozumel in the first couple of weeks in November?

Not in the slightest. Not for an instant.

We have been a few times just pre-Thanksgiving! I would go back at that time of year without any hesitation. Who's buying??

I would def go, but I would also give a 2nd thought to trip insurance as well......with the sever lack of storms over the last several years - it is bound to flip back the other way at some point.

I would def go, but I would also give a 2nd thought to trip insurance as well......with the sever lack of storms over the last several years - it is bound to flip back the other way at some point.

Good point! We just purchased trip insurance from Travel Guard for our Oct/Nov Cayman vacation and of course we have some DAN dive accident coverage too.

Back
Top Bottom