Where to see the most sea turtles in Caribbean and Central America - November

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ktripp

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello! My husband and I are planning a last minute dive trip November 22 to 26. We live in NC and are trying to find the best trip for that short amount of time. Any suggestions or considerations would be appreciated. We were looking at Huracan or Itza Resort in Belize, maybe back to Cozumel. Sea turtles are my absolute favorite so any guidance on where there are a higher concentration would be awesome. Thank you!

Huracan is amazing, definitely choose them over Itza! Way better service, food, etc. We didn't see turtles on every dive, but probably every 3rd dive or so.

In my experience, Little Cayman is the turtle capital of the Caribbean. We spot at least one on most dives. If you look farther afield, Maui.

If Huracan is something you are considering, I would highly recommend it. I've been twice now. Here's my report from my first trip.

Barbados has an amazing amount of turtles you almost guarenteed to see them every dive on the west coast and they populate the surf line up of freights on the south coast.

I actually think surfing with Turtles in the line up is on a par with diving with them

Belize has been a very good place to spot sea turtles from my experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom