Trip Report Puerto Rico Trip Report August 2023

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

and then chase it down with Don Q or Barrilito 3⭐
Barrilito ⭐⭐⭐️ is delicious indeed! My fav Puerto Rican rum.

SW side of PR has some awesome diving. We went there twice this year already (and going back over Thanksgiving), stayed @ Copamarina in February, El Combate in May. Paradise in La Parguera and Island Scuba in Guanica - both great ops. Paradise runs Newton 42' (?), Island Scuba is a tiny sixpack. Vis is usually great, 70-80'+

SW side of PR has some awesome diving. We went there twice this year already (and going back over Thanksgiving), stayed @ Copamarina in February, El Combate in May. Paradise in La Parguera and Island Scuba in Guanica - both great ops. Paradise runs Newton 42' (?), Island Scuba is a tiny sixpack. Vis is usually great, 70-80'+
Im diving with Island Scuba tomorrow and Monday. I also will be bringing a GoPro so I hope to do a bit of video I can then share.

If all goes well I’ll be opening a new post with a dive report.

Since I live in the island, I want to dive with all the shops. Besides meeting everyone around here, I want to start writing reports so that when people want to come to Puerto Rico, they’ll know where they can dive.

Is that something interesting for some of you?

Im diving with Island Scuba tomorrow and Monday. I also will be bringing a GoPro so I hope to do a bit of video I can then share.

Since I live in the island, I want to dive with all the shops. Besides meeting everyone around here, I want to start writing reports so that when people want to come to Puerto Rico, they’ll know where they can dive.

Absolutely of interest, since Puerto Rico diving reports are far and few in between
Please include possible lodging locations or recommended Vrbo, AirB&B, hotels in the areas

Here’s that report! Trip Report - Puerto Rico Dive Report - Early September 2023

I have seen many dire reports from south Florida about record high water temperatures killing coral, etc.; and I believe much of the Caribbean has been similarly affected. How was the ocean temperature and did you notice any effects from the high temperatures? (Though I know it is hard to judge when you haven't been there before.)

Thanks,
Jim

When visiting Culebra, we saw the beginning of bleaching. There is a coral restoration project underway there.

When I was there in August, it was very minor but I’m hearing the same reports that elsewhere is doing really bad.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom