Cuan Law Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BTravlin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just returned from a week aboard the Cuan Law in the BVI and had a fantastic time. I was fortunate enough to be one of only 5 guests aboard and, needless to say, the service was outstanding. Normally they wouldn't sail with just five passengers but were training a new captain and took the opportunity to get him some time at the helm and run some safety drills as well. The food was excellent and plentiful. Cabins were clean and spacious.

We dove 4-5 times a day and were worn out by days end. The diving was mostly in the 40-65' range with a great variety of underwater topography. Beautiful corals & sponges plus an abundance of fish. Saw a number of turtles, two of which were ginormous! Also saw reef shark, nurse shark, octopus, squid and the biggest lobster ever! Did three dives on the Rhone, including one night dive, and would have been happy to dive it 2 or 3 more times. Watch out for Ralph, the fat dog snapper, who likes to hunt by dive light!

All divers were required to do a checkout dive on the first day and demonstrate basic skills. After this, divers were allowed plenty of leeway and were just advised to watch their computers. Experienced divers looking for a challenge will probably be disappointed as most of the diving is easy.

The crew works together well and provided great service during the week. Tell them what you want, be it a certain meal, dive spot or activity and they do their best to deliver.

I highly recommend Cuan Law for those interested in diving the BVI.

OMG, Cap't Steve is gone???

I've done the Cuan Law twice. Really incredible boat and crew. It's not the be-all and end-all of dive liveaboards, sometimes it's more for a cruising, sunbathing kind of crowd, but the boat and its service are fantastic. I can't imagine what it's like to be one of only 5 passengers.

Tell me Robin is still there? He was Steward on our first trip, and had just become Chef last December. Just a funy, all-round nice guy.

Rest easy, Captain Steve was still aboard. Scott, who I believe used to be the engineer, was at the helm though for captain's certification/training purposes. And, yes, Robin, was still in the galley and he is definitely one wacky and entertaining guy. I always looked forward to his meal briefings!

Being aboard with only 5 people was excellent but I have to think a full complement of 20 guests would be a little crowded. The crew says otherwise and that everything runs smoothly but I guess I'm spoiled already.

BTravlin:
Rest easy, Captain Steve was still aboard. Scott, who I believe used to be the engineer, was at the helm though for captain's certification/training purposes. And, yes, Robin, was still in the galley and he is definitely one wacky and entertaining guy. I always looked forward to his meal briefings!

Being aboard with only 5 people was excellent but I have to think a full complement of 20 guests would be a little crowded. The crew says otherwise and that everything runs smoothly but I guess I'm spoiled already.

Dang, I wish I had signed up now... 5 people on a boat that's rigged for 20... yes you can get spoiled.

Glad you had a good time. It might be something for me next year then.

Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom