Dive friendly cruise vacations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alam555

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello,
we recently had our second child, 3 weeks ago, and are now planning our next vacation. Last dive trip was to curacao in July 2006. We are considering a cruise this time around as it might be easier with a <6mos old. Our older one is 5.

We are thinking of November time frame. Any thoughts on a cruise that might also allow us to dive and snorkel. My wife doesn't dive, but may snorkel.

I would appreciate any advice on cruises that cater to divers or if you have some recommendations on destinations that might be good for young ones.

I have been to Hawaii, Jamaica, Bahamas, Greece, Tahiti, Maldives, and Curacao.

thanks

Crusies I have been on have pre-arranged "shore excursions" which include diving and snorkeling.

If they don't offer shore excursions, you can also just call/email local dive operators based off the ship's port of call itinerary.

Check out Norwegian. We did a seven day cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale that stopped in Grand Cyaman, Roatan, Belize and Cozumel. We dove at all four stops. Great dive cruise.

There are a number of either Western or Southern Caribbean cruises which are excellent for divers. Carnival, Royal Caribbean and NCL all offer Western sailings which visit Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Roatan and Belize, for example. I really like the Southern Caribbean cruises which often visit places like Dominica, St. Thomas, even Bonaire, St. Lucia or Curacao.

Beware, however, that most cruise lines will not allow an infant under 6 months old onboard due to medical concerns. They simply don't have the equipment there to handle infant medical emergencies. Check with a travel agent or the line directly on that before you book and are disappointed. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom