Dive Report: Destin Bridge (West Side) 11-2-08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MRXRAY

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Well I hooked up with TylerinFlorida and Scuba066 for a night dive under the Destin Bridge on the West Side late Saturday night and Early Sunday Morning. We hit the water just before high tide at 2320 and the current was ripping from East to West making it a real struggle to make and head way into the current. We managed to make it about 4 spans before we decided to call it and drift back to shore. We did see a lot of crab, quite a few Flounder, and some toad fish on the first dive which began at 2352 and ended 35 minutes later at 0027 the next day. :) We sat under the bridge and BS'd for just under an hour and then walked down the beach a ways and swam over to the bridge and submerged for our second dive. Same thing though.... Heavy current. The viz on both dives was pretty good, I had it at about 15-20 feet. The second dive we only swam in about 3 piers but since we had walked up the beach we were able to drift back to the beach (Drift Diving) down about 10 bridge pilings. We all had a good time even with the ripping currents. The temp was 68* and we had a max depth of 15' on dive one and 19' on dive two. A good time had by all!:D

PB021073.jpg

PB021074.jpg

PB021078.jpg

PB021081.jpg

PB021083.jpg

Stonecrab.jpg

Hello,
Nice pics and I enjoyed diving with you. Riding the current in over peaks and valleys was a lot of fun. Next time, we take hotdogs.

Sounds like a campout to me!:D Excellent photos MRXRAY! Wish I could've went. Tim

You know the dive environment wasn't the best but it was the friends that made this dive memorable!

Thanks for the pics. My wife isn't certified yet and she likes to see pictures of my dives.

Thanks for the pics. My wife isn't certified yet and she likes to see pictures of my dives.

If you'd like to download them or print them, etc. You can go to my Photbucket at the link below and look for the Album from our dive. :uwphotographer:

Nice report and good pictures as usual.

It was a bit of a butt kicker of a dive, but I had a great time. Looking forward to having you guys down this coming weekend!

It was a bit of a butt kicker of a dive, but I had a great time. Looking forward to having you guys down this coming weekend!

Sounds like a typical MIB dive.:D We are looking forward to this weekend also.:D

68 degrees? :) Does the temperature drop pretty quickly as we hit fall from the warm summer temps? I think I remember seeing a temperature of 78 or so a week or two ago.

Anyway, cool pics. :) I especially like the crab.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom