Lake Martin /Kowligia Bridge quick diver report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aucade

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
ClanMom met me at my house this morning about 9:00 and we headed to the bridge. When we arrived, we checked out the boat traffic situation and determined that it was safe to dive. We entered the water at 9:47 and made our way to the ghost fleet and then on to the bridge. The water was 81 on the surface and 72 at the first thermocline at about 15ft, then dropped to 68 at about 25ft. When we hit the 2nd TC I wish I had worn more than a 3mil. Mom had her usual 7mil on and boasted that she was comfortable, NOT ME! We made our way down the west side of the rubble. I found a large red ear slider eating some algie off the side of an old post. I grabbed him on both sides, he turned his head back to take a look and then tried to get away. I let him pull me for a second then let him go. I started to get cold about half way down the bridge so we crossed over to the east side and made our way back. We logged 31ft for 36 min. We got out of the water and noticed that the boat traffic had really picked up. We decided to scrub dive 2 and 3. We had a very enjoyable dive with about 10ft visability. There were no signs yet of the elusive freshwater jellyfish.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom