Regulator Bungee/Lanyard Source

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dandrian

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hello

I have been looking for a commerically produced neck strap for my regulator. I know and have read about using tubing and other materials to make one yourself but I wanted to see if anyone knew of a place to purchase one. I like the idea of it being stretchable (have seen people use shoestrings etc.) and I would like to have some sort of breakaway on it if it snags on something. Any suggestions or advise would be appreciated.

BTW: I do a lot of search & rescue diving in 0 vis while crawling along the bottom and can't mess with having my reg end up behind me.

Thanks

dandrian:
Hello

I have been looking for a commerically produced neck strap for my regulator. I know and have read about using tubing and other materials to make one yourself but I wanted to see if anyone knew of a place to purchase one. I like the idea of it being stretchable (have seen people use shoestrings etc.) and I would like to have some sort of breakaway on it if it snags on something. Any suggestions or advise would be appreciated.

BTW: I do a lot of search & rescue diving in 0 vis while crawling along the bottom and can't mess with having my reg end up behind me.

Thanks

You can have made so that the regulator will not end up behind you by securing the necklace under the mouthpiece zip tie but you would have to cut it or pull very hard to break it away. If you truly want it to "break away" you can fashino the necklace with an elastic "loop" to hold the regulator mouthpiece. I'll make either one for you - $10 plus $5 S+H. :wink:

Take 1/8" bungee and tie a fisherman's knot. This will form a loop that fits over the mouthpiece well, is snug, but can still be pulled out when you really want to.

Easy and costs about 50 cents.

pants!:
Take 1/8" bungee and tie a fisherman's knot. This will form a loop that fits over the mouthpiece well, is snug, but can still be pulled out when you really want to.

The last time I bought thin bungee cord at REI I paid $.10 per foot. It takes about 24" to make a necklace. :wink:

captndale:
The last time I bought thin bungee cord at REI I paid $.10 per foot. It takes about 24" to make a necklace. :wink:
No, you 'borrow' some from your dive buddy.... the 50 cents is to buy him a soda afterward :eyebrow:

pants!:

I second the 1/8" or 3/16" bungee idea and the fisherman's knot. Easy and simple and it will cost you nothing.....don't waste your money on stuff that you can make in 2 minutes and will cost you nothing - save that for the beer and strippers! :D

West Marine or other boating supply store is a great source for bungee AKA shock cord.

captndale:

Get 36" to be safe.

But if you want to buy, Boogie711 sells bungee necklaces. I bought a pair of spring straps from him, and have been happy.

ae3753:
Get 36" to be safe.

But if you want to buy, Boogie711 sells bungee necklaces. I bought a pair of spring straps from him, and have been happy.
Get 10 feet, because you will use it on other things too.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom