Hello, I need advice about snorkeling...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kelly Y

New
Reaction score
I'm not sure I'm in the right place, but I'm going to ask anyway, you seem like a very knowledgeable bunch.

I am going on a field trip with my University Geology course, and we'll be snorkeling in the Florida Keys. My question is about my teeth. I have a partial bridge, lower front 6 teeth. It looks like my old orthodontic retainer used to look, but with teeth built in; so it has wire hook things that fit around two back molars, and the pink gum-looking thing stuff it together. Clear as mud? Anyway, I wonder whether my partial will work well with the snorkel, or will I lose my teeth?

Any suggestions? I'd rather not leave my teeth in the hotel room, of couse, since I'm not THAT old, and I'll be going with mostly college-age students.

Thank you for listening.

Kelly

Perhaps a Seacure mouthpiece on an Aqualung Impulse snorkel might be a good (if expensive and maybe not necessary) solution.

Rock on! :)

I'd think you'd be ok. But if you're worried, why not just take you're retainer case & carry it around your neck on a rope or in your pocket or something. (just be the last one in the water, then just put everything normal on your way out.

Interesting question, I hope the trip is great.

Welcome (Scub)aBoard! :happywave

it’s about time you surfaced here! :)

Click [thread=91105]here[/thread] for ScubaBoard 101: [thread=91105]A beginner's guide to the ScubaBoard.Com forums[/thread].

Don’t forget to fill out your Public Profile (and Dive Info) on one of your next surface intervals so we can get to know you a little bit better. Besides, it will make it easier for us to answer your questions. If you’re not in a particularly creative mood, you can have a look at my Public Profile for inspiration.

Looks like you already got some good answers.

Any other questions? Just click this link: Send me a PM!

Laurens

This message brought to you by Naughty Neoprene Fashion Consultancy Inc.

Howdy and welcome to SB!

I use A LOT OF POLIDENT on my uppers and lowers when I dive. They are NOT coming out. :D

Good to have you here. Click here to PM me if I can help you get started in our various forums.

:cowboy2: don

smiley-linie-009.gif

Thank you, everyone! What a terrific, friendly group. I did have a GREAT time! And my teeth didn't fall out. Thanks for helping me feel better about that. The weather wasn't ideal, but we went out anyway. If we'd been divers, we could have gone to see the reef, as we'd planned, but since we're snorkelers, we had to stay toward the lee side the mangroves. I'm sorry I don't know exactly where we were. We stayed in Key Largo, and the boat ride to the snorkeling site was just 10 minutes or so.

It wasn't anything fancy, but I've never snorkeled before, and now I believe I'm hooked. That was fantastic.

Thanks again for the terrific advice and support.

Happy diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom