What could be the problem?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello everyone on the 3rd of december i went "Try-Dive" in a pool of around 3.5m ofcourse i was a bit worried becuase it was the first time, and one time i came up and i had vertigo but when i got to top i was fine and im pretty over weight and have asthma but when i came home i had a MASSIVE headache ofcourse my first time scuba so i researched and it brung me straight to CO2 Retention so i thought ok, then a couple days after im stuck with finding it hard to breathe more like phlegm in back of my throat i did talk to the people that did my course they said i wasn't at any depth to cause any problems, But i feel like i have a "Ball" in my throat at the lower end, However i was a bit sick and i only realised when i couldnt equailize my ears and i was in alot of pain, Do u guys think this is just the flu that i had getting worser as flu's do or do u think its something scuba realeated, I also had muscle pain but thats due to my weight and this is something that intense of exercise i have done in awhile, Thanks.

It is very difficult to read your post, but from what you are saying, you felt as though you were coming down with something when you went for the dive, and since, you have developed more symptoms. It doesn't sound as though most of what you are describing could be dive-related.

Blueflash,

Re your asthma, did you get clearance to dive from a physician before you went? I agree with TSandM in that this is unlikely to be dive related, but if you are having difficulty breathing you need to be seen by a physician. I don't intend any offense by this and I hope you don't take it that way, but if pool diving is such intense exercise for you that it's caused you muscle pain afterwards, you may want to consider a physical conditioning program if you want to pursue diving any further.

Best regards,
DDM

Although in general, I agree with DDM, I will also say that, when I learned to dive, I had no other reason in my life to cart around 50 pounds or more at a time, and I had some very sore muscles from doing that. It wasn't the DIVING; it was the gear hauling (and my fruitless attempts to climb out of the pool with my gear on) that did it.

That's a good point. I was thinking when I wrote that (again, without the intent to offend the OP or anyone else) that the overall clinical picture here would support a recommendation to consider an exericise regimen.

Best regards,
DDM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom