DIY DUI Zip seal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Peter McGuinness

Contributor
Reaction score
So, I just replaced a zip-type wrist seal on my DUI drysuit and was left looking at the now useless seal with perfectly serviceable zip......aaand you all know what comes next.

Anyone know where to buy a nice conical wrist seal which will fit the 4in diameter zip ring from my DUI drysuit?

Peter

I would also be interested in doing this. I just replaced mine and now I have the Zip part. I really don't want to throw them away.

Most any latex seal can glue to it. It does not have to be DUI branded. Dive Right In, OS Systems, Global Drysuits, Ebay, Amazon, along with a bunch of places have seals for sale. Glue you can use PB300 from OS, or many people use the DAP contact adhesive. I used thinned Aqua Seal on the inside edge for that extra security. Make sure to prep everything spotless with MEK.

I had a set of latex wrist seals that dry-rotted. I cut the seals off at the ring, used Vicking drysuit repair glue and attached a set of OMS dry gloves for a hard ring setup. The best dry zip gloves in the world!!! Way more rugged than the blues and as flexable as the oranges. A great deal at less than $40.

Also, if you dont want dry-gloves, check with any LDS that does drysuit repair. Most any replacement latex seal will fit. They come pretty huge and are trimmed at the open end to fit the size of the suit/ring leaving the rest to trim to wrist size. A very easy process with the correct tools i.e. wood cone to hold ring while glueing, good epoxy, ect...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom