How do you tell if your DUI drysuit uses G1 or G2 neck zip seals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Justin Phillips

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I dive a military version of a DUI drysuit. I dive a SEAL TLS Drysuit and I ripped the latex neck seal today and need to replace the wrist seals but I have no idea if I am using G1 or G2 zip system seals. I can’t seem to find any information either. Anyone know? Much appreciated!

does your neck seal attach between two ziplock bands -- G1. Does your neck seal attach to a single vertical ziplock band -- g2.

Ripped your neck seal (G1 or G2), but need to replace wrists? (two different animals)

From the DUI website:

The G2 neck ZipRing has a 9-inch diameter and the G1 has a 7.75-inch diameter

1689478249155.png

Given the high cost of replacement ZipSeal neck seals (and wrist seals), I highly recommend forgoing replacement and have a Si-Tech neck ring system installed (Quick Neck or O-Rust)...this will give you the option of using latex, silicone, or neoprene neck seals, and they are much less expensive to replace if/when needed.

-Z

does your neck seal attach between two ziplock bands -- G1. Does your neck seal attach to a single vertical ziplock band -- g2.

Ripped your neck seal (G1 or G2), but need to replace wrists? (two different animals)
Ok there are two zip bands on it, top and bottom. And my head is way to big for getting out of it (that’s how I ripped it) so I am sure it is G1. Need to figure out how to get my head out of it going forward without ripping. I think it may be a two person job.

Ok there are two zip bands on it, top and bottom. And my head is way to big for getting out of it (that’s how I ripped it) so I am sure it is G1. Need to figure out how to get my head out of it going forward without ripping. I think it may be a two person job.
or have it changed to a G2

Change it (edit: your neck seal system) to a SiTech quick neck... seals are cheap from Seaskin (www.Seaskin.co.uk) and easy to swap out... only problem would be finding someone to swap out the system.

Reactions: Zef
Change it to a SiTech quick neck... seals are cheap from Seaskin (www.Seaskin.co.uk) and easy to swap out... only problem would be finding someone to swap it out
You mean to have the zip seal system removed and the Si-tech system installed...correct? :wink:

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom