DUI zipseals compatible with SI tech rings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikeguerrero

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

I have the zipzeals installed on my DUI CLX450, I currently use the DUI compressed neoprene gloves of which I love.

I however, would like to have a second set of drygloves and want to be able to connect them to my zipzeals if possible, I don't want a permanant attachment.

I have a pair of latex zip cuffs that came with my suit of which I have not used, my question is this, how does the SI tech rings connect to the suit via the latex seals or on the zipzeals themselves?

I'm really confused and would love to have answers as their website doesn't show you how the rings connect to zipzeals on a DUI suit.

Maybe they do not work on ZipZeals?

Thanks,

Mike Guerrero

I wouldn't see why the SiTec dryglove rings wouldn't go on your latex wrist seals. As far as I can tell, the cuff rings would work the same if your wrist seals were zipsealed to your suit, permanently bonded to the suit, or attached to toilet paper tubes.

The only part the rings attach to is the rubber of the wrist seal. When they are completely assembled, there is still an inch of latex between the ring and the suit.

Correctly assembled, you would have a "unit" consisting of a latex wrist seal with an attached glove ring. You could "zip" this on and off your suit at will.

The only possible issue would be the position of the zipseal on the suit. If it's too far out on the wrist, it can make you attach your drygloves on their attachment ring quite close to the palm. This is a bit uncomfortable but still works.

Sorry I don't have any photos easily to hand.

I think it's a great idea - redundancy, and the ability to be zipped up in the drysuit while still with some dexterity.

All the best, James

Ah ha! I knew they were out there.

Here's two YouTube videos. The first one shows assembly of the gloves - not exactly your question, but it gets the idea across, and actually the cuffs are identical, just imagine the glove material as latex from your wrist seal.

Once you've watched that video for background, take a look at the second one. You'll see how the wrist ring attaches.

The rings in the second video are the more expensive (new) design. The older ring design attaches exactly the same and is way cheaper.

All the best, James

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your inquiry about the si-tech ring system and zip seal compatibility.

The above reply is correct. You can use both systems together. I know quite a few people who have used the si-tech system with the zip seals for the same reasons you mentioned. They seem quite pleased with the combination.

Thanks again,

Jessica
DUI

Wow,

Thanks for the video James and thank you Jessica for comfirment. Do any of you know which color rings to use with the DUI CLX 450 suit? I see that the rings come with so many pairs of rings, all different colors, I assume for many different types of drysuits.

That information would be useful on this thread. Last question and it might be able to be answered rather quickly.

Are the DUI Compressed neoprene gloves with their liners warmer than the SI Tech gloves plus their liner?

I would assume the Compressed gloves are because they don't have a dam on the wrist and would allow my Argon to travel in and out of my gloves much easier than the SI tech.

For beach diving my hands don't need to stay that warm and I would like the simpilcity of the removal of the gloves there.

For a location that demands warmth, I would attach my compressed gloves for that dive site.

Hopefully this thread has users that have tried both the gloves and can comment, I haven't found anyone that has used both on their particular suit.

Thanks,

MG

In my experience, using the Si-tech with zips, the rings of the Si-tech gloves were so far down by my knuckles that I lost movement in my hands.

And they leaked.

They worked fine before I installed zip seals (which are one of the finest inventions known to man!)

I moved to diving concepts on zip seals eventually and that mostly solved it

In my experience, using the Si-tech with zips, the rings of the Si-tech gloves were so far down by my knuckles that I lost movement in my hands.

And they leaked.

They worked fine before I installed zip seals (which are one of the finest inventions known to man!)

I moved to diving concepts on zip seals eventually and that mostly solved it

Which set of SI tech gloves did you have, apparently it seems that two versions are out.

2eeztqw.jpg

35k2428.jpg

I'm trying to see if SI tech followed up by creating a new dry glove ring that solved the leaky ring problem?

You can clearly see that two versions are out, which came out first is what I'm trying to figure.

MG

The bottom ones were first.

All the best, James

The bottom ones were first.

All the best, James

Thanks,

I appreciate all your immediate feedback on these particular set of dry gloves... This will serve as a focal point to others that are interested with these gloves.

MG

mike, i bought a set of these today and installed them on my DUI zip seals and went for a dive... the best $70 i ever spent! i bought regular thick latex gloves from home depot's paint dept and a pair of nice bamboo liners form REI.. works like a champ and took 5 mins to install!! it was the first time in 2 years that i had dry arms!! i have very deep tendons and my seals always leak (Even tried bio-seals).. im buying another set of these rings for my wife tomorrow!

awesome stuff!!

its a lot easier to install if you remove the zip seal first.. and install the ring below the edge of the zip seal's plastic ring. like so..

zipseal1.jpg

dryglove1.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom