help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I have a wet suit with a big hole (4x5inches) in the butt! What I imagine I need to do,since I can't afford to buy a new one is to buy a piece of wet suit material, cut it to size and glue and stitch the patch into place. Anybody got any better ideas? I have asked at a dozen or more dive shops in every country I have visited and no one seems to have a piece of wet suit material lying about. So if you have any suggestions where I can purchase a piece and what glue I should useI would be so grateful as it is no fun when the cold rushes in, besides it is very unbecoming! I have read the specs on 'mend' something or other (the patch you iron on), and I don't think it would work very well because the butt area needs to be so flexible. Thanks for any help you can lend. Terrie

Hello Terrie,

why not start with this link: A beginner's guide to the ScubaBoard.Com forums.
It will give you lots of info regarding ScubaBoard.

Please fill out your Public Profile (and Dive Info) when you've got the time so we can get to know you a little bit better. If you want to, you can have a look at my Public Profile for inspiration. :wink:

For local info and/or (future) buddies, just follow the path or have fun along the way by clicking on any of the given links: ScubaBoard.Com > Regional Travel & Dive Clubs > North America > United States > New England Lobsta Divahs.

Regarding your butt, maybe you can find some info here: Exposure Suits.

Laurens

BTW, welcome (Scub)aBoard! :happywave

Terrie, welcome to ScubaBoard, and I am so glad you are getting help to get your butt covered, only on ScubaBoard would you get such kind, cocerned answers to your problem. :D
David

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

Hi Terrie,

Julie at AquaDive Academy in Portland may have something. Next likely is Atlantic Aquasports in Rye NH. The best neoprene repair resource is Margrett at United Divers in Sommerville Mass.

A google search can turn up lots of mail order places selling the material by the yard.

You'll also need neoprene cement, any dive shop will have this, it works like contact cement and a hooked needle so you can make your finest blind stitch. Since you're patching the removed part will make a perfect template for the patch.

The stuf is reasonably easy to work with, I was surprised with my first project.

BTW, where in Maine are you, maybe we can dive some time.

Pete

frisbie-half:
I have a wet suit with a big hole (4x5inches) in the butt! What I imagine I need to do,since I can't afford to buy a new one is to buy a piece of wet suit material, cut it to size and glue and stitch the patch into place. Anybody got any better ideas? I have asked at a dozen or more dive shops in every country I have visited and no one seems to have a piece of wet suit material lying about. So if you have any suggestions where I can purchase a piece and what glue I should useI would be so grateful as it is no fun when the cold rushes in, besides it is very unbecoming! I have read the specs on 'mend' something or other (the patch you iron on), and I don't think it would work very well because the butt area needs to be so flexible. Thanks for any help you can lend. Terrie

Back
Top Bottom