Whites Fusion in Wreck Class Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Inman

Advisor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Here’s the wreck class report: LINK. I did 10 dives, many of them penetration. One blind line exit where I ran into everything and got oil on the suit (it cleaned off with a little effort and a biodegradable grease cutter). Here’s the bottom line.

The negative:

Yes, the pockets sag out of the water, and I found myself needing to pull up the sagging outer material every once in a while. Yes, the suit is more work to get in and out of. And I managed to pull the thread holes open some where the pockets are sewed to the suit while trying to force something back into a pocket that I didn’t realize was closed. That’s half my fault.

The positive:

Otherwise, after the ten abusive wreck dives, the suit still looks like new. I am truly amazed how well it held up! No rips or snags or anything.

The suit was warm and comfortable. Every act of clipping and unclipping stage and deco bottles was easier with the superior mobility. Reaching valves, or the reel clipped to my butt was a so much easier with the increased flexibility. Bending and crouching and maneuvering around sharp turns in the wreck was a breeze. The suit was just so blasted maneuverable and comfortable. I can say without a doubt that the wreck class and all the drills that went with it was easier in the Fusion than it would have been in my thicker, heavier DC Ultraflex Pro.

Oh, but people do make fun of you in the suit, that’s for sure. :D

MG_2290.JPG

Hey Rick, nice review of the suit, and your wreck class, sounds like a great time. I bought my Fusion earlier this year, and just went through Intro to Tech, and onto Tech 1 next spring, so I'm glad to hear the Fusion is holding up well to the potential abuse it might take down the road for me.

Enjoy all your wreck penetrations!

I now have about 50 dives on my Fusion and tech skin with maybe half of those in wrecks and caves and the rest with pentrations in quarry type wrecks with lots of N FL sand in between the inner and outer layers during a couple trips. So far no leaks, no damage and much more durability than I ever expected.

Other than a too easily frayed zipper and a gritchy feeling valve, I have nothing but positives to say about the suit (well...except for the saggy when out of the water pockets and the have-to-put-it-on-like-panty-hose issues).

Thanks for the report, I love my fusion so far too.... You do get some funny looks and comments though. I just think that they are jealous:D

Phil

The only comments I've heard so far was from a couple of DUI toting tech divers during my intro to tech class, and the comment went something like "that thing is so cool".

And I managed to pull the thread holes open some where the pockets are sewed to the suit while trying to force something back into a pocket that I didn’t realize was closed. That’s half my fault.

Next time just remember to activate your Mighty Morphin Wonder Twin to put stuff back in your pockets. :mooner:

Hunter

Next time just remember to activate your Mighty Morphin Wonder Twin to put stuff back in your pockets. :mooner:

See!! And that comes from someone from Montana, where sheep are afraid!:lotsalove:

Major Hijack ...

In Montana it is illegal to have a sheep in the cab of your vehicle unless there are at least two people in the vehicle.

Here in Oootah, there are no bestiality laws. So it is more than the sheep that are scared.

And no matter what state you are in - remember front feet on the fence, back feet in the Wellingtons and no kissing!!!!!

Just remember all that Rick next time you are putting your woolies on before a dive. :D

Back
Top Bottom