Fin size still having problems. pls send pictures.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brian.Bergh

Registered
Reaction score
Hi

i really cant fiugre out what size i should get for having an open heel fins.
Regular og XL (mares size).

Problem is that i can fit the regular and the XL really. The regular got a better grip on the toes, where the XL got a deeper foot pocket going much better under my boot/foot and higher on the footwrist.

BTW i use european size 44.

Now i want to ask you guys to either send a drawing og picture of how much of the foot the diving fins should cover you boot/foot. please.

right bare with me. The picture is hand drawn . . . EKKK!
The fin pocket should meet your ankle. and the bottom of the pocket should cover half of the back of your foot. hope that helps, although my drawing is appaulling! . . . so is my spelling :(

i can't quite work out whether i have attached the picture, let me know if i haven't!

dumbbomb:
i can't quite work out whether i have attached the picture, let me know if i haven't!

No pic....:confused:

ahh no worries the site wont let me upload it :\ wont make much difference cos the picture doesn't really clarify anything!

Brian,

I have the same sort of issue with my apollos, I'm a 43 and I fit the large or medium fine. Here's the most important thing about the fitting. Which fin once strapped on properly has the least side to side wobble, that's what you need.

SangP

sadly i now got a Pair of Mares Quattro Excel size XL colour: yellow for sale cheap only used twice :-( sad i did choose the wrong size, beginners problems i guess. :-(

Brian,

No biggie, you have 2 choices...
1. keep em when you decide to do dry suit diving and you need a bgger dry suit boot.
2. Sell it on ebay

For your foot size I would recommend that you just get a regular for the Mares Quattros, large for the apollos, XL for force fins or XL for jetfins, all these I compared to using 5mm wetsuit booties.

Cheers,

SangP

I have set it for sale for 55£ and as i live in denmark shipping to europe will be about 20£...is this a fair price?.

I only used it twice?

Back
Top Bottom