Apollo XT color question (mbd)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BelikinBob

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,
This question os for anyone who knows if there will be any other color options for the apollo XT in the near future?

I have decided on the XT fin, but really wanted yellow. As all my equipment is black and not great for visibility.

will there be a new color comming out?

thanks!

BelikinBob:
Hi,
This question os for anyone who knows if there will be any other color options for the apollo XT in the near future?

I have decided on the XT fin, but really wanted yellow. As all my equipment is black and not great for visibility.

will there be a new color comming out?

thanks!

BelikinBob: There are no plans, at the moment, to produce the bio-fin XT model in another color. The bio-fin pro yellow fin is available with or w/o C-spring straps. The yellow and blue bio-fins are slightly stiffer than the pro black model. More details @
www.apollosportsusa.com/Products/Fins/index.htm

Thank you for the quick response!

I checked out the Apollo website, I saw the size chart, are these for shoe size with no bootie, or with bootie?

I have a 3mm dive boot size 10. will I need a large, or XL?

once again thank you!

-Bob

BelikinBob:
Thank you for the quick response!

I checked out the Apollo website, I saw the size chart, are these for shoe size with no bootie, or with bootie?

I have a 3mm dive boot size 10. will I need a large, or XL?

once again thank you!

-Bob

Bob: The size chart is based on using a standard 5mm hard soled boot. With a 3mm boot and a size 10 foot you would, most likely, take a size large. The foot pocket is soft rubber and oval shaped; very comfortable for extended wear.

Or even a medium... I'm a US 9.5, my boots are the scubapro 5mm delta and even with the extra sides of the boot I fit a apollo medium snugly, but try one out for size first.

Unless you want to use dryboots you won't need an XL.

SangP

When I purchased my Apollo fins, I got the large size. I wear a 10.5-11 size shoes and with my 6.5mm wetsuit booties (which have a hard sole), I have plenty of room.

Definitely don't get the XL size.

Also forget the XT and go yellow (I did). It's such a happy color :)

Hi again, thanks for the replies!

I was asking about sizes, because I dont have a local dealer and have to order online. So trying them on isnt really an option...
the next best thing is getting advise from all of you.

-bob

BelikinBob:
Hi again, thanks for the replies!

I was asking about sizes, because I dont have a local dealer and have to order online. So trying them on isnt really an option...
the next best thing is getting advise from all of you.

-bob

BelikinBob: SangP had some good advice. With your 3mm boots and a size 10 foot the medium may be the right size. The difference will be in the width of your foot, the instep, etc. I have a narrow foot, 10.5 w/5mm boot I could wear the medium. I prefer the large, more of my foot goes into the foot pocket. The boot can/will make a big difference.

Hi again,
Here is the thing, I am getting certified in a month, This is for a 15 week independant study abroad in Belize on "coral reef restoration/rehabilitation, methods/mgnt practice".
I live in NY and will be diving in the great lakes, finger lakes upon return, which is cold.
Illl move up to a 5+ mm boot for regular use.

I am also a college student on a tight budget for the moment and looking for a long term investment with options:D

From what i gather from all of your guys help, if my intentions are to move up to a 5+mm boot, for long term use I am looking at a Large.

thanks again!
-Bob

Bob.... I wear a size 10.5 shoe. Now with that in mind. I wear a size 9 6mm bare ice boot. (These are not a hugely bulky soled boot). They fit perfectly into my size large blue/bios. If you plan on trying to wear your fins with heavier boots than your 3mm., get the large. (in my experience going from 3mm to a soled boot almost always requires a step up in fin size). Suggestion:... go with the heavier boot now. I dive alot in the tropics, and I can't remember when my feet ever got too hot!
you can always take along a pair of cheap full foot fins if you are going to be boat diving alot in belize. Check out Oceanic Caribes at LeisurePro. Cheap (29.95) and great fins (Rodales)

Back
Top Bottom