Mask for big nose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jorbar1551

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
A customer of mine came in with a problem. he had a large bridged nose. on vacation, hes rented masks before that dont fit, now he wants to buy one that he can take anywhere. we didnt have any at my store, but the closest one that fit was the mares x vision. anyone have any ideas?

It depends on if the client's nose is literally too large for the pocket or if it is just large enough to mess up clearing. In a recent class, someone switched from a standard Genesis to one with a purge and life was good.

Diverite frameless has the biggest nose pocket , the Mares isnt to bad , and right now im diving a scubapro Trinadad. There are a few others out there , maybe ill see them at the dive shop today .

Maybe try the Sherwood Magnum? I haven't tried on too many masks but I do know that the sherwood Magnum has a bigger (longer) nosearea than my Genesis mask does.

i have the same issue, and i found the mares x-vision was the most comfortable to use.

We had a customer with the same problem last year. Went through all our oceanmaster, aqualung, scubapro and xs scuba with no luck. After talking to suppliers and looking through catalogs we ordered a couple from XS scuba and one worked well, unfortunately I can't remember the mask model, but I talked to XS about it and they said this one was the largest so you should be able to just ask them.

Good luck.

Hi Strider:
It's our Cortez mask. It does a good job fitting larger hard to fit faces. Here is a link:
http://xsscuba.com/mask_cortez.html

strider:
We had a customer with the same problem last year. Went through all our oceanmaster, aqualung, scubapro and xs scuba with no luck. After talking to suppliers and looking through catalogs we ordered a couple from XS scuba and one worked well, unfortunately I can't remember the mask model, but I talked to XS about it and they said this one was the largest so you should be able to just ask them.

Good luck.

I have had this issue with my big schnozz for quite a while. Mares pure vision was the answer for me. X-vision supposedly has the same pocket, but a smaller skirt.

I use the Platina from TUSA I have both a prominent proboscis and narrow face so some masks don’t even get near my cheeks before they are resting against the bridge of my nose.

Back
Top Bottom