Neptune Memorial Reef

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Tommy, Thanks a million for the info. I've ordered a new buoy, should be back in place in a week or so.

Wow, that looks pretty cool!! Gonna have to get down that way.

We're planning to go and see this in a couple of weeks with our two pre-teens. I've been looking at other places nearby to do a 2nd dive and it was mentioned that emerald reef was better in slack tide because of currents, is that the case at the Neptune site as well?

We haven't noticed much difference in the current with relation to the tide. We often work on the site all day experiencing nearly a full cycle with little difference. I wish I could tell you how to predict good visibility or minimum current but it just seems to be the luck of the draw.
I promise, it will be worth the visit!

Good luck, I think its a great idea. a pal from Palm Beach sent me a newspaper article a while back and I hope it gets the respect it deserves.
Brad
will have to visit latter this year.

the closest ones are Purdy Ave Boat Ramp off 17th th and Purdy Miami beach, ramp is free, weekends the lot can fill up though, the ramp can be slippery.
And the ramp next to Island Jungle off the 395 causway.
fee is $10 per 24/hours ramps are well taken care of, there are 4 double wide ramps. It fills up after 12pm on weekends only in the summer. don't use the first ramp near the rocks, it is duck tour ramp only.

Hey Tom,
I wanted to let you know that we replaced the mooring buoy NMR1 a couple weeks ago. Also, someone got thier anchor caught on one of the columns and broke the top. We have since replaced it but let's remind everyone to be very careful when using anchors in the area.
We have applied for permits for several more buoys that will be much closer and hope to have them in place in a month or so.

Hey Jim,

"someone got thier anchor caught on one of the columns and broke the top."

Hope that wasn't the gate column where my father is placed :shakehead:

Maybe you could put your pictures of Bert's placement up on this board, they are really great. :14:

Regards,

Gary Kilbride

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom