Petition to save Blue Heron Blvd Bridge from Collectors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr. Doug Ebersole

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Eric Cheng, owner or Wetpixel (Wetpixel.com :: Underwater Photography and Videography), in conjunction with several dive operators in West Palm Beach (Pura Vida Divers, Narcosis, Jim Abernethy's Scuba Adventures) has written a petition in hopes of saving the Blue Heron Blvd Bridge from collectors. There are a lot of us here who love diving there. If you are interested in reading and/or signing the petition, it is currently on the Wetpixel home page above or you can link to it here:

Petition to Protect the Blue Heron Bridge Diving Area, Riviera Beach, Florida Petition

Done. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Well, I signed it, now what else can we do to keep the ding bats from ruining a really great place to dive?

Capt D.

OMG,
you can come and play in MY backyard, but I don't want you to take anything.
I thought that people would need a license to collect or for fishing in Florida.
But hold on a minute, that's not enough regulations, I now want my backyard to be special and make those licenses not count.
I'm sure that Billy Bob knows this special place by Commercial blvd and comes with his petition to make it illegal to collect and/or fish.
And Joan knows this part of Fort Lauderdale Beach and before we turn around we have lots of petitions to make it illegal to collect or fish within the waters of the USA.
And don't forget the trim and buoyancy police, the once stepping on corals make a lot more damage then the once collecting them.
I want a petition that you have to proof your ability of trim and buoyancy before you're entering the waters.

Thanks for this posting! I always feel violated when I see some idiots grabbing, mauling and destroying this unique niche.:no
Henry

Petition signed

Great place to dive when the ocean is a little too wild, or even when it is not. Love the Bridge. We did see a fish type vac truck, with a long vac hose on the bridge a couple of years ago. I thought that was kind of strange. Way too easy to get fish store fish. Felt like cutting his hose!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom