Fort Lauderdale boats & diving conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UniGirl17

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'll be in Florida sometime in May or June and was wondering how the diving is this time of year for Fort Lauderdale. Is May/June considered a "good" time for diving conditions? Is there a better time?

I will be staying in Weston and Fort Lauderdale seems to be the closest area for diving, preferably boat diving. Any recommendations?

Generally, what type of viz should I expect in May/June?

Does a trip to the Keys seem feasible considering the distance?

Thanks for any information. I have never been to this part of the world! :wink:

I'll be in Florida sometime in May or June and was wondering how the diving is this time of year for Fort Lauderdale. Is May/June considered a "good" time for diving conditions? Is there a better time?

I will be staying in Weston and Fort Lauderdale seems to be the closest area for diving, preferably boat diving. Any recommendations?

Generally, what type of viz should I expect in May/June?

Does a trip to the Keys seem feasible considering the distance?

Thanks for any information. I have never been to this part of the world! :wink:

You can do everything you've mentioned and the locals will make sure you get the best experience. :)

Viz varies from day to day. Water temps from the Keys to West Palm Beach should be in the mid 70s to even low 80s depending on exactly when you're here.

We've got excellent dive charters available and some of us only do boat dives.

PS. I live in Weston and so do some other regulars on here.

You can do everything you've mentioned and the locals will make sure you get the best experience. :)

Viz varies from day to day. Water temps from the Keys to West Palm Beach should be in the mid 70s to even low 80s depending on exactly when you're here.

We've got excellent dive charters available and some of us only do boat dives.

PS. I live in Weston and so do some other regulars on here.

^What he said.^

Post a thread when your trip is getting close and you'll find all kinds of input and potential dive buddies.

I really could use some warm water!

In general, I know we never really know for sure, but what would the viz range be? Are we talking 15-30 or more like 40-80? :confused:

Thanks again!:

I really could use some warm water!

In general, I know we never really know for sure, but what would the viz range be? Are we talking 15-30 or more like 40-80? :confused:

Thanks again!:

Somewhere between 30' to 100' is typical.

That is pretty much "usually" the best time of year to dive here so far as calm seas. Key Largo is about 1-1/2 hours away. You're going to love it here!!! Let us know when you are here if you want some dive buds.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom