Quick Key Largo dive day report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deeper thoughts

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We went to Molasses reef ball #4 today. Less then 6inch seas, vix 80-100 Blue water, light current and 78 degrees air temp with no clouds. Water was about 73-74 Cold!!

The reef was amazing today, plenty of fish life, eagle rays(one jumping out of the water multiple times) turtles and a huge cobia.

The cudas were thick and interested.

Left the camera at home(sigh).

Definitely one of the special days here in the keys.

Yes words dont do it justice today!

We went to Molasses reef ball #4 today. Less then 6inch seas, vix 80-100 Blue water, light current and 78 degrees air temp with no clouds. Water was about 73-74 Cold!!

The reef was amazing today, plenty of fish life, eagle rays(one jumping out of the water multiple times) turtles and a huge cobia.

The cudas were thick and interested.

Left the camera at home(sigh).

Yep, it was a spectuclar day to be diving in Key Largo! We dove the Duane today and from the Stern Buoy I could actually see the ship as I started my decent. There was no current on the surface or the Duane, plus we were the first group on it today. This was one special day and dive at Key Largo. :palmtree: Bob

I will be diving with Conch Republic Divers next week and cannot wait for my first visit to the Keys. I dived yesterday off Newport, RI, and it was 34deg :coffee:- now that is cold!!
I assume a 3mm wet suit with an hooded vest as need will be adequate for the balmy waters off Key Largo and Tavernier?
Hal

I will be diving with Conch Republic Divers next week and cannot wait for my first visit to the Keys. I dived yesterday off Newport, RI, and it was 34deg :coffee:- now that is cold!!
I assume a 3mm wet suit with an hooded vest as need will be adequate for the balmy waters off Key Largo and Tavernier?
Hal

My wife was wearing that and she bailed after 20 minutes, I was wearing the same thing and stood over an hour but was cold

My next up is a 7mm, which is a litle bulky to travel with. I can always rent something warmer if necessary. Happy diving

You will probably be OK diving 3mm with hooded vest. Especially if you dive your home waters in a wetsuit. I typically dive the springs of N FL 67F with a 3mm and hooded vest and am comfortable.

AL

Dang it... and here I am stuck in Indiana but at one point was thinking that this weekend would have been a perfect time to get down to the Keys again... :D

Sounds like you had AWESOME conditions! :D

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom