Palm Beach Night Dive Report: 5-2-09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shcubasteve

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello all,

Ill start by saying night dives are my favorite type of diving. Saturday night we hit Breakers and Flower Garden to find crystal clear water, a refreshing north current and 78 degrees; SOO much better then 65 degrees. Nice long relaxing dives with no speargun, made it all the way through turtle mound. Saw plenty of lobster, including a Shovel nose! Lunch the next day. Plenty of turtles, a few reef squid, assorted tropicals. My brother brought a net in an attempt to capture sleeping hogfish, but the only one we saw (big alpha male) eluded us:shakehead:. Great set of dives overall! Cant wait to do it again next weekend. Anyone wanna go?

Video Link

Steve

Attachments

• PICT0412.jpg
    PICT0412.jpg
    422.4 KB · Views: 58
  • PICT0414.jpg
    PICT0414.jpg
    409.8 KB · Views: 54
  • PICT0433.jpg
    PICT0433.jpg
    443.3 KB · Views: 43
  • PICT0424.jpg
    PICT0424.jpg
    444.4 KB · Views: 52
  • PICT0413.jpg
    PICT0413.jpg
    437.6 KB · Views: 47
Heading down on the 23rd to dive on the 24th and 25th. Oh I cant wait to get out of NJ

Shcubasteve,

I was on that trip with you. I was trying to get one together the month before but weather ended that. I was on the boat with my wife. I was the one that was carrying around that big old white tarp that someone let go down there. So, you were the one swimming with the other guy carrying the net?

How often do you dive with them at JASA? They are my favorite boat, really nice people. My wife and I get down there about once a month if not doing some other part of the ocean that month.

The wife and I were on Sandy Sunday 3 weeks ago. Just made it around all that rain.. It wa still beautiful and better than dirty Jersey... 7th window and Juno

My thread lives!!

Sandy Sundays is a great and they are not scared to drop ya deep.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom