Molasses reef today 5-27-10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deeper thoughts

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999

Looks like you had a great day! Love the Pix!

thnx.

Great pictures! Who were you diving with?

We were diving with Rainbow Reef. Did Molasses on Thursday and the 2nd dive on Friday. On our first dive on Thursday we saw a squadron of 5 spotted eagle rays, 4 different times during the dive. The 2nd dive yesterday we did as a drift dive, it was awesome!

Great pictures! Who were you diving with?

We were diving with Rainbow Reef. Did Molasses on Thursday and the 2nd dive on Friday. On our first dive on Thursday we saw a squadron of 5 spotted eagle rays, 4 different times during the dive. The 2nd dive yesterday we did as a drift dive, it was awesome!

I was on my own boat. We were hooked up right behind Rainbow Reef.
Those Eagle Rays are beautiful

My wife and I dived the Spiegel Grove on Friday for a double dip. Pretty good surface current and a little current on the ship on the first dive, but the second dive the current let up and it was nice. Vis was around 70ft.

Saturday we did the Benwood and French reef. Nice conditions, vis was around 50 ft there. Saw a 10ft Nurse shark on the Benwood wreck.

Today, Sunday we did North Rocks and Minnow caves, again no current to speak of and just two more nice dives with a lot of fish. The reefs looked pretty darn healthy to me, but I've never been in the keys before? Anyways, 3 beautiful days of weather made for a great long weekend in Key Largo. We ate at the Pilot House twice for lunch, good seafood and right on a marina. Ate dinner at The Fish House, again pretty good food and the Bayside Grill last night. Bayside has a great view of the sunset and very good seafood. I'll be back!

Jim

My wife and I dived the Spiegel Grove on Friday for a double dip. Pretty good surface current and a little current on the ship on the first dive, but the second dive the current let up and it was nice. Vis was around 70ft.

Saturday we did the Benwood and French reef. Nice conditions, vis was around 50 ft there. Saw a 10ft Nurse shark on the Benwood wreck.

Today, Sunday we did North Rocks and Minnow caves, again no current to speak of and just two more nice dives with a lot of fish. The reefs looked pretty darn healthy to me, but I've never been in the keys before? Anyways, 3 beautiful days of weather made for a great long weekend in Key Largo. We ate at the Pilot House twice for lunch, good seafood and right on a marina. Ate dinner at The Fish House, again pretty good food and the Bayside Grill last night. Bayside has a great view of the sunset and very good seafood. I'll be back!

Jim

Glad you had a nice time

Those pictures are *amazing* Thanks so much for sharing them!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom