Upper keys dive report with pix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deeper thoughts

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Yesterday we went to Hens and Chickens in Islamorada. The seas were flat calm and it was a nice sunny day. Visibility STUNK!. Maybe 15 feet of dark green water(particles everywhere). Molasses reef had about 80 feet of Blue water(heard over the radio)

Plenty of fish as usual. Still learning how to use the Olympus Pen EPL-1(2nd time with it)

The picture of the Moray and Lionfish has plenty of backscatter but it tells a story.
The Moray was getting cleaned. The Moray was chasing off the lionfish who was hovering to close. The lionfish eventually won the battle for real estate as the moray slithered away.

Hens and Chickens is protected and you do need a permit to kill the Lionfish. The ball is #10 if any are so inclined

PA130282_edited-1.jpg

PA130285_edited-1.jpg

PA130291_edited-1.jpg

PA130268_edited-1.jpg

The conditions were very difficult to take pix in

Great pics! I may try and get down to keys this sunday depending on this storm, as of now it's lookin like its gonna pass by

Thanks for posting the pics.
It may not have been a great day, but it was a day diving while I was working.

And on another note...

WTF?
We need worry about about getting cited when killing invasive species in the exclusion zones?

Is this true?
If so...
Brilliant, just brilliant.
I gotta believe that the Grouper troopers would let it pass if you have a dead lion fish or two in a exclusion zones.

Chug
Is realizing the bureaucrats are even dumber than he thought.

Very nice considering the conditions

Thanks for posting. I like the shot with the moray and lionfish: interesting composition. I am surprised that you'd need a permit to kill the lionfish: I thought the SPA administrators would be happy to have an invasive creature killed off or removed.

Thanks for posting. I like the shot with the moray and lionfish: interesting composition. I am surprised that you'd need a permit to kill the lionfish: I thought the SPA administrators would be happy to have an invasive creature killed off or removed.

The lionfish are winning the battle

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom