Hens and Chickens pictures 10-29-10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deeper thoughts

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999

Visibility was bad again today. Pix were tough to take. Flat calm seas and beautiful on the surface though.

Did someone kill/remove the lionfish?

It is in the SPA. You need a license to kill it

Was REEF notified? I think they have folks with the right permits or whatever.

Was REEF notified? I think they have folks with the right permits or whatever.

Yes. everytime we dive this ball on H/C reef a lionfish is there

That kinda sucks. It's a nice section of the reef, and it would be a shame if the Lionfish ran off the other species there.

Thanks for the pictures - I don't notice any reduction in the viz because you are so close to the subjects.

Thnx.

Grrrrr........

Frikkin' bureaucrats.

Chug

Thinks we might be doomed to some pretty barren reefs before it is over.

concurr with deeper thoughts on topside conditions today in the upper keys. decent viz on south deep carysfort(75FT) and excellent viz on the south elbow drop off(55-90FT) with zero current. i heard 100ft viz and no current on the duane and bibb today. speaking of lionfish, we counted 12 on just one coral bomie on deep carysfort. last wed and thursday while lobstering(15ft snorkel) i observed over 2 dozen on 5 small patch reefs just a few hundered meters from shore near marker 32A between north and south creek(spearing is prohibited in both areas mentioned). i hear boat captains are seeing them in the mangroves and in bayside waters. they are friggin everywhere in the upper keys,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
keylargo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom