Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Florida Marine Patrol makes stuff up

Registered

Living in paradise can be hell

Dives
    I'm a Fish!
    Photos
    If you are going to quote law then follow the bouncing ball and read it all the way through
    Exception: (E) neither the source of information nor the method or circumstances of preparation indicate a lack of trustworthiness.

I'm not sure who you are defending here but it was just a story get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando Eric View Post
    HEARSAY | Definition of HEARSAY (Black's Law Dictionary)

---------- Post Merged at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:00 PM ----------

Not only in Kangaroo court but even in the your OP is stricken and supressed. Unlike a fair court I personally will suspect any future postings as well.. but I am a bias kind of person

Regular of the Pub

snarky commentor

Photos
    Quote Originally Posted by cybdiver View Post

I'm not sure who you are defending here but it was just a story get over it.

If you're gonna convene "Kangaroo Court", then don't get your panties in a wad when someone calls you on it.
    Magnolia3 and cybdiver like this.

Wow.....what a DB

DERP

Dives
    200 - 499
    Photos
    "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

- Pictures from a photographic non-achiever
    Favorite Albums = THAILAND 2009 .... LAKE TAHOE, CA ...

HITLER IS NOT AOW - Download your copy here available from my website Diving My Way

My Anatidaephobia group meets Tuesdays down by the park pond.
    My posts = "Now you see them....now you don't". It is difficult to do a good job while operating in an uneven environment.

Registered

You dont know what you dont
    know

lol ^^
    Want to see a shark?

Always looking for dive/fish buddies around tampa bay.

Divemaster
    Badge

is enjoying summer

Photos
    Hearsay is a third person account of what happened.

---------- Post Merged at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:50 AM ----------

There are volumes of exceptions -- but saying .. "My friend had this happen" on scubaboard is not one of them.
    Ocean Yak Trident 15 in Yum Yum YellowCome Yak Diving With Us.

"...to the last I grapple with thee; from hell’s heart I stab at thee; for hate’s sake I spit my last breath at thee. Sink all coffins and all hearses to one common pool! and since neither can be mine, let me then tow to pieces, while still chasing thee, though tied to thee, thou damned LIONFISH! Thus, I give up the spear!"

Registered

Has not set a "status"

another member of the Kangaroo court heard from,
    thanks for sharing
    You stated previously that was a "fun story"... please, I disagree. I know funny and I know when someone is attempting to "start" something.. I was born at night but it was not last night. You are not passing on anything you were a witness to, nor were involved in. Therefore it falls, legally, into the realm of hearsay.

I still find the story a load of seahorse poop. quite bluntly I don't care who taught you do dive, or whom you dive with. Was that supposed to impress me?

OTOH, I could just say, as my granddtr just did.. "liar liar pants on fire"... ymmv.

Ps... thanks for the fill info... I was was being exceedingly facetious.
    "I never said I hated you. I just said that if you were on fire, I'd consider roasting marshmallows. BIG difference!"

~~ no really, I tried to behave, but there were so many options... ~~

Registered

Living in paradise can be hell

Dives
    I'm a Fish!
    Photos

Scuba Shades First Party

I spoke with my friend he says I should give you his phone number and you can call and get the story first hand. When you call say you are the person that is calling him a liar.
    He already thinks your a funny guy.

Send me an email I'll send you his number.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando Eric View Post
    Hearsay is a third person account of what happened.

---------- Post Merged at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:50 AM ----------

There are volumes of exceptions -- but saying .. "My friend had this happen" on scubaboard is not one of them.

Registered

Trying to get to first base
    with a jellyfish.

Dives
    200 - 499
    This stroy has gone from suspect to stupid. If your friend really had an encounter with 'cops acting badly' he should have grown a pair and let them lock him up.
    "Just because you've taken the class, doesn't mean you're qualified to do the dive."
    -- Ninja Diver

Regular of the Pub

snarky commentor

Photos
    I spoke with my friend he says I should give you his phone number and you can call and get the story first hand. When you call say you are the person that is calling him a liar.
    He already thinks your a funny guy.

Send me an email I'll send you his number.

Eric is a cop. I"m sure he gets lied to by people on a daily basis.

I really doubt he needs to go out of his way, call someone LONG DISTANCE on his nickle, to get lied to by someone that someone else knows on an internet forum.

just sayin....
    OldNSalty likes this.

Divemaster
    Badge

is enjoying summer

Photos
    The first clue was the second poster "eeel" who pointed out the Florida Marine Patrol has not stopped anyone for anything since 1999. I am sure the OP will noW either claim , "it was 1998" or he "meant to say FWC."

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast