Metal detecting while Scuba Diving in Central Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

biggmike

Reaction score
Just looking for some good leads to go Metal Detecting. My partner and I are avid Metal Detectorists and just got certified so we want to keep it simple at first. Any good springs locations that allow both activities? Any really clear or sandy bottom swimming holes near Central Florida? All of the lakes we have tried are really silty or muddy after abour 6 ft deep so we were thinking springs may be better. Any thoughts are welcome. We already have our equiptment. Thanks BiggMike
:azvatar:​

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!
If you'll click ScubaBoard.com above, you'll be taken to our long list of forums, a wealth of information and resources. At the bottom, be sure to notice the Local & Singles Dive Club forums.

Are You in Florida? Be sure to check in on our Florida Dive Club forum. Great folks

PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message." :thumb:

:cowboy: don

Get in touch (PM) Metaldetector, he and his group go out on the east coast looking for stuff, not sure about inland.

Welcome to the board :wink:

start here buddy:

http://www.treasuresites.com/

biggmike:
Just looking for some good leads to go Metal Detecting. My partner and I are avid Metal Detectorists and just got certified so we want to keep it simple at first. Any good springs locations that allow both activities? Any really clear or sandy bottom swimming holes near Central Florida? All of the lakes we have tried are really silty or muddy after abour 6 ft deep so we were thinking springs may be better. Any thoughts are welcome. We already have our equiptment. Thanks BiggMike
:azvatar:​

BigGMike. I see the people hitting the springs Early in the mornings to look for lost jewlery. Apparently the shh'd news is people go to the springs to swim. Let's profile them. Nascar fans, bikinis, drink a bit much, wears lots of rings and anklets. Now the fingers shrink in the 72° water and the rings fall off. These people have luck hitting those shallow springs. I would think that Rock Springs might yeild some $$$.

PS - Can SOMEONE PLEASE do something about that really ANNOYING cut and pasted rubber stamp of a greeting! It really cheapens the board and makes us all look rather disinterested in new members.

Hello there biggmike,

Welcome to Scuba Board! and Safe Diving :diver:

Click here to greet a new member!
:thumb:
No experience needed and it feels great!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom