Force Fin Wins Against the Odds

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob Evans

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Force Fin production resumes. We've been working with a polyurethane production facility in Pennsylvania for a number of years. They've been exclusively making our Float Fube Force Fins - for the fly fishing industry - and adjustable slim fins - for swimming - and rip force fins - for body boarding. When they heard our predicament, that we had lost production for our diving fins, their chemists and engineers kicked into gear to increase the capacity of Force Fins they can make. To make sure all goes as planned, it will be a staged process, beginning with our best selling Pro Model Force Fins - which we've reactivated for ordering at ForceFin.com. The rest will come back online as the details of their production are worked out.

What a lot of people don't realize is that Force Fins are a craftsmanship product. They are not mass produced like other fins. Each one is hand crafted, handled through at least 8 specialized processes, not to mention the special nature of the chemistry that is mixed to give Force Fins their high rebound and extreme durability. It can only be made by quality molders.

It was a long haul, full of political intrigue, and plenty of "how'd we fall into this vortex?" But, as in life, business has its good times and its challenges. Force Fin has weathered the test of time, and it will continue to be the icon that propels us through the underwater world as freely as the marine mammals that inspired my designs.

Better living through chemistry... or, should I say, better diving!

Great news, indeed, Bob. Nice to have you guys back in the lineup. I think it speaks well of American industry that the factory folks worked to get the product back. I know that things have been tough for American-made fins the last few years. Production problems and supplier problems caused Dafin (surf fins) and Neofin (which I really liked) to revamp or discontinue shipping.

Aside from the great product choice Forcefin brings to the mix, it will be nice to revive the vociferous debates on scubaboard about the product as things had been getting a bit boring lately. I predict that the foodfight will start in short order.

Best wishes for the success of the relaunch.

This is great to hear. I know several divers that have tried to track them down.
See you topside! John

Jim, our plant is located in Cranberry Township. Yes, we will create new job's.. we don't count on those fools in Washington to do any thing for the American People. Funny how Home Land just purchased 1.6 billion bullets...wonder what they have in mind?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom