Trade my XXL Pro's for your XXXL Pro or Standard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

afk314

New
Reaction score
Hi,

A recent injury has forced me to go to bulkier wading boots (I use fins for floating rivers and fishing) and now my trusty XXL Pro fins no longer fit. I called Force Fin and inquired about a trade-in program and was told they couldn't help me at all - no discount, nothing. Kinda irritating, but if that's the business model, it is what it is.

So, if anyone out there has a pair of XXXL force fins (pro or not) and would prefer XXL, let me know. I'd love to trade.

Thanks,
Adam

afk314, Please give me a break.... we do offer discount's for pass customer's. My customer's are special and we do all we can to be helpful. Right now I am trying to get production in line so we don't have to close down again. The trade-in program is not a bad idea for Scuba board, not sure it would work for us. You can always give me a call if thing's don't work out. We are moving Force Fin these last few week's, so thing's have been kind of crazy. Best, Bob

I tried to take back some old pants to Walmart as they didn't fit me anymore. They also refused to trade me for new ones. What a bunch of creeps. I won't shop there anymore.

Rand, not sure where you are going..Walmart and your old pants? They make those pants so cheap, super, super cheap in China, or Haiti, or Bangladesh..... They factor in their margins a high percentage of product being liquidated, returned or destroyed at some point. They can afford to have given you anther pair. But what does a Company like ours do with the trade in returns? I have tried the trade in system a few times during the past 30 years of business. We found ourselves tripping over a small pile of used fins. With our small space and staff it took forever for one of us to have the time to deal with the paperwork, and finding a good home to which to donate the used fins. Our staff time has to be dedicated to servicing customers that are buying good, new, first quality product. We don't have a dump table, and don't want to run a swap meet type operation. That's not what we do. Now with our Scuba Board Force Fin web site we might be able to review how to make a trade in system work. Let's toss around some idea's, how you might participate in managing a trade in program here, on ScubaBoard, so that loyal clients can be happy, and our customer service can remain responsive on the levels it does best.

Last edited:
Bob, I think the point of my sarcastic analogy was missed. I wouldn't expect you to accept a customer's old fins anymore than I would expect a chain department store to take back an old used pair of jeans. Neither business would benefit from such a practice.

If I decided to upgrade my Force Fins, I'd do what everyone else does, sell the old ones here or on Ebay. I wouldn't even think of demanding Force Fin get involved in the trade/sale or whatever. I'm sorry afk314, but your demands are unreasonable.

Bob makes an outstanding product and stands behind his fins and takes care of his customers. Proof of this is his company's recent issues with sub-par material suppliers. He could easily keep signing his name on his fins and people would still buy them. But he has the integrity and dedication to his customers to move his production line across the country so that he can continue to produce the quality fins his customers expect.

I would challenge anyone to find a more stand up company, even more so to find one that will take back a used pair of fins, counting the return towards the purchase of new ones. There's just no benefit for the company to do so.

Still looking for FFs? I may be able to help you with the exchange for the fins. I lost one of my FFF Pros while diving in the May River and am looking for replacements. We have a pair of new black 3XL Pros kicking around the shop. Want to deal?
email me at silbigerrn5@netscape.net

Back
Top Bottom