Show me your Save-A-Dive Kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaJW

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have been looking for a perfect case for all of my tools/save-a-dive stuff... Just don't know which one yet. Can you show me yours so I can learn from it?

Thanks!

pm bobby f and ask him about his! it's scary! a huge wheeled tool chest. it's a 'save my dive, your dive, our buddies' dives, the boat, the compressor, and maybe the car on the way home' kit.

An old plastic Skippy Peanut Butter jar. About 3" diameter x 6" high.

Holds everything I've ever used. Tiewraps in multiple sizes, o-rings, lanyards, velcro straps, rubber bands, jewlers screwdrivers, computer batteries, allen wrenches for reg, 2AAA dive light, mini leatherman tool, a few snorkel keepers and hose clips, split rings, double ended bolt snap, bolt snap, plastic boltsnap, small tank light, swim ear, duct tape wrapped onto a pencil, and Land End's Oil/Sea Stink Ointment.

I do ocassionally bring other items -- such as a spare dive computer, and spare reg, but those just get put into the main dive bag, along with the peanut butter jar full of the small bits and pieces.

I use a fishing tackle box. Find one that fits where you want to put/keep it and go with it. I was ok wit a larger one, since I often take it in my boat and I shore dive out of a truck, so space isn't an issue.

I now use a dry bag that I got from Sports Chalet. Before that, I used the bag my fins came in -- the bag that had holes that let all that water in and honk-up the manual to my computer. 8o)

Awesome guys, thanks for the posting! Keep comin'!!! :)

I started with the Delux save-a-dive kit by Cetacea that I got from ScubaToys.
Save-A-Dive Kit
If you need/want everything its got in it, then it is pretty cost effective
and comes with a nice water tight box/carrying case.

Since I bought it, I've added quite a bit of other little personal stuff.
One very important thing that I think is messing in this kit is something like a
small leatherman type device to have needle nose pliers and cutters to be able to cut, adjust,
and trim zip ties. (ScubaTool has no knife blades on it)
I mean, how the heck would you ever be able to replace a mouthpiece
(which comes with the kit), without having a tool to cut, and trim zip ties???

I actually did use the kit (along with my leatherman) on a recent trip
to Bonaire when my wife bit through a mouthpiece.

--- bill

I use a plastic mask box. I have duct tape, screw drivers, camera silicone, and some o rings, sex bolt and some cave line. Oh...and my old oral inflate inferior quality sausage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom