DIY Canister Light - Almost complete

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rescue15

Contributor
Reaction score
I have decided to scrap the DIY route for my canister light. I have built the canister and light head housing but I don't have the knowledge to put the LED in. If I pay someone to do this and buy the battery and charger, the cost is right up there with a Dive Rite of the same lumen so I am selling what I have built.

You will get a canister/light head shell, completely assembled. All you need is the light of your choice. The lid that is installed now is a hand made polycarbonite lid. A second custom CNC machined lid is included if you want to eliminate the switch and opt for a reed switch.

Here are the specifications:
**canister made of sched 120 PVC Pipe with sealed base. dimensions are ID 2 3/16 inch, OD 2 13/16, 7 2/8 long (inside depth is 6 7/8 inches)
**The light head has the proper o-rings installed (you will get extras too), a poly carbonite stepped lense, a McMaster gland in place and the cable connecting the 2 pieces in place.
**lid made of 1 inch poly carb clear plastic, custom CNC to provide snug fit in the top of the canister.

You can have all this for the bargain price of $250.00. Shipped to the ConUS...Shipping outside of the lower 48 is extra.

more Pics to follow...

Attachments

• 100_2177.jpg
    100_2177.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 144
  • lid 001.jpg
    lid 001.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 148
more pics

pics are of completed project, stepped lense and parts before assembly.

Attachments

• canister 1.jpg
    canister 1.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 160
  • canister 2.jpg
    canister 2.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 131
  • canister 3.jpg
    canister 3.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 155
  • light head.jpg
    light head.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 161
  • stepped lense.jpg
    stepped lense.jpg
    278.1 KB · Views: 117
I accept USPS Postal money orders or if you like Paypal. If paypal please add $7.50 top cover the fee.

Shipping will be via USPS Priority mail with tracking number.

International shipping will also be USPS. Buyer can decide the mode of service as long as it is USPS. All international fees will be the responsibility of the buyer.

Thanks Steve

You are almost done, just finish it???

New price...$225 shipped, paypal included but still perfer Postal MO

Steve

Back
Top Bottom