Gluten free diving in Asia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rockymountaindiva

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I am looking for a live aboard or dive resort that can accommodate a gluten free and lactose free diet, also allergic to green peppers including chile peppers. Will consider any Asian destination including Maldives, Raja Ampat, etc. - any place where I can dive in October/November without fear of hurricanes/cyclones. I don't need anything fancy, even a place where I could cook my own food would be fine. Have been to Thailand & Palau so would prefer something else.

Eating gluten free in Asia can be quite a challenge! I'd say your best bet is to plan your holiday as usual, and contact the dive centres and liveaboard operators you'd like to use, and ask them directly. If you can help them with a list of foods you can eat, or ways to work around it, the good outfits should be willing to work with you to make it doable.

Good luck :)

Here in Okinawa there are plenty of options and for eating withing those dietary limits and Oct/Nov is the end of typhoon season so chance of a storm is low the later you come. I would suggest November.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom