doubles and singles regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oversea

Reaction score
What do most do in terms of regulators for use with doubles and singles? I was going to get a seperate reg for singles but then I'd have to move my AI pressure sensor each time if I want full advantage of my computer. Then I thought about configuring my primary regulator assembly in such a way that all I need to do is add an octo/backup and I am good to go only using what I currently have. What do ya think?

I have just recently moved into the world of doubles. Personally I am looking to buy a 3rd reg set to just keep lying around as a singles set for when I am travelling and not diving doubles. It's not hard to convert everything over to a singles setup and back and forth, but I am just too lazy for that each time I have to go out and dive singles. I would just rather have an extra reg set sitting around that is ready to go when I need to dive singles. YMMV.

Matt

i only have two first stages, which is fine for doubles, of course.

but when it comes time for singles, i have to move my SPG and backup second
reg from one first stage to my primary one

it takes about five minutes, tops

when i go to DINs, i will be very happy, as i will have a spare first stage then
on which to build a dedicated single tank rig

I have 2 pairs of regs for doubles. Both sets have SPG's, dry suit and wing inflation hoses. I then have another regulator that has the same config for singles.

chrisch:
H Valve...................

Chris

yessir

but most dive ops in coastal Florida dont have H valves, and i ain't buying two single
tanks and two h-valves (and hauling them around) when a five minute session
takes care of the issue and i can rent tanks :wink:

I'm with Corigan on this one. I have twin Apeks for my doubles, and a SP MK25 for my singles. It's a pain to have to rip apart my regs to switch back and forth.

I just picked up a Sherwood Brut setup (first stage, second stage, octo, SPG) for $25.... I'm going to slap some new hoses on it and be set for another reg.

The Brut will be perfectly adequate for anything I'm doing on a single tank..

I currently have on my doubles a mk25/s600 and mk25/r390. I just picked up an r190 second stage. I can either add the r190 to my mk25/s600 or get an additional first and second stage and have a singles rig. The hose routing with the scubapro regs on doubles seems a bit more complicated to keep neat and am not sure I want to play with the hoses all the time.

oversea:
I'd have to move my AI pressure sensor each time if I want full advantage of my computer

That's the problem with integrated computer. Would you considered having a separate reg sets for doubles/single and a standard SPG as a backup in both and having not to chance A1 for a single dive. Like Jonnythan said there are cheap second hand sets around just waiting to dive..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom