Question Is There a single valve [reg] twin tank manifold made today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wallowa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Is there a single valve/single regulator twin tank manifold made and sold today? Or must anyone wishing to dive doubles now suffer along with two reg valves.. :cool:

I have zero interest in going to two regs and want doubles for recreational diving.

Thanks..Phil

Just curious...other than the expense of buying a second reg, why is having two regs a minus?

Is there a single valve/single regulator twin tank manifold made and sold today?

Yes there is a modern single post manifold. Find someone who can order from Well Marine Diver (WMD). Randy from Piranha got me mine....

they have at least two models (I ended up with this):

1700095537679.jpeg

and a "unicorn" (tried to get this but it wasn't available - manufacturer wasn't producing them at the time - despite being in the current catalog):

1700095603498.jpeg

I'd practically donate a kidney to get one of these....

Just curious...other than the expense of buying a second reg, why is having two regs a minus?
I have am not going list my background in diving but it is varied, extensive and spans 68 years....I have never seen or had a tank valve fail nor had a first stage fail....to load up the extra gear via two regs & valves, 3 knobs, extralong hoses and a multitude of regs/gauges is in my estimation the wrong way to stay safe underwater...it creates many more failure points; the extra gear does not make a diver safer, skill and judgement does.. honestly when I see masks on backwards and no snorkels allowed or carried, it is a regression from safe diving and more for showing an image...OK...only my experiences and views...to each their own... simplicity and skill development always wins over more gear. Specialized dive protocols in overhead environments do make sense; but how many are truly participating in "Tech"? But to say no diving on air beyond 130 fsw or solo diving is ridiculous. Doing it right is not a dictum from on high but should be an invitation for doing what works best for the individual under the conditions of their dive.

Not knocking anyone's training or background, just bumping into today's mandated dogma in the diving community and lack of individual choice or accountability to me is the sad demise of what was once a lot of fun. Diving is supposed to be an individual adventure and not about 'adding to cart' to meet strident "thou shalt" standards. Remember unlike Dumbo and his feather, competency not gear will keep you safe.

Out Here

Yes there is a modern single post manifold. Find someone who can order from Well Marine Diver (WMD). Randy from Piranha got me mine....

View attachment 810919

and a "unicorn" (tried to get this but it wasn't available - manufacturer wasn't producing them at the time - despite being in the current catalog):

View attachment 810920

Thanks! I will try to track these down...appreciate the help!

Phil

I have am not going list my background in diving but it is varied, extensive and spans 68 years....I have never seen or had a tank valve fail nor had a first stage fail....to load up the extra gear via two regs & valves, 3 knobs, extralong hoses and a multitude of regs/gauges is in my estimation the wrong way to stay safe underwater...it creates many more failure points; the extra gear does not make a diver safer, skill and judgement does.. honestly when I see masks on backwards and no snorkels allowed or carried, it is a regression from safe diving and more for showing an image...OK...only my experiences and views...to each their own... simplicity and skill development always wins over more gear. Specialized dive protocols in overhead environments do make sense; but how many are truly participating in "Tech"? But to say no diving on air beyond 130 fsw or solo diving is ridiculous. Doing it right is not a dictum from on high but should be an invitation for doing what works best for the individual under the conditions of their dive.

Not knocking anyone's training or background, just bumping into today's mandated dogma in the diving community and lack of individual choice or accountability to me is the sad demise of what was once a lot of fun. Diving is supposed to be an individual adventure and not about 'adding to cart' to meet strident "thou shalt" standards. Remember unlike Dumbo and his feather, competency not gear will keep you safe.

Out Here
Hmm, I think you mind is already set but maybe read the article linked in this thread. DIR- GUE - Twenty Five Years of GUE

In case you can’t find a one piece manifold, you can build it to suit yourself. And set it up whatever way suits you.

Attachments

• IMG_0394.jpeg
    IMG_0394.jpeg
    123.9 KB · Views: 60
Reactions: Zef
i have never even seen one of these. cool.

i assume you never do any technical diving in cold water?

View attachment 810919

View attachment 810920

Forgot to ask...what cylinders do you use with this manifold? I see it is 210mm center to center and the norm [standard?] is about 215mm [8.47"] .....thanks! I have no idea what range of center to center adjustment is possible with isolator double manifolds.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom