Standard length of a low pressure inflator hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snoballz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I decided to get a regulator/octo before a BCD for many reasons. With that, I'll need a low pressure inflator hose to hook up to a (rental or borrowed) BC for inflation. Is there a standard size? I'm interested in the Miflex and noticed that there are several sizes from 22" through 26" at Scuba Toys.

TIA

:14:

The right size is the size that fits. Put your gear together with any inflator hose that you have now. Put your rig on and disconnect the inflator hose. Have a buddy make sure that the hose leads properly from the regulator first stage right along your BCD corrugated hose to the inflator. If it just fits, fine - that's the length you need. If it is too short - add the the amount by which it is short to the length of the hose you have. If it is too long - subtract the length by which it is too long.

C-dale, thanks. Not sure if you understood my question... I do NOT have a BC. I am either renting and/or borrowing so the one that fits (in your response) may vary.

In any event got an answer on another Board and going with it. Thanks.

:14:

The most common length seems to be a 26/27 inch. If you intend to rent a bc, a longer hose is better than one that is too short. When you get your own bc, you can get a hose that is perfectly sized. Although I think it is a great idea for a primary second stage or on doubles, I question the need for a Miflex inflator hose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom