New Equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Robiebab

New
Reaction score
First of all hi!!! this is my first post.
Thats said, i wanna buy new diving equipment with the following requirements:

BCD Requirements:
- Simplistic design
- No body sqeeze on inflating
- Durable

First & second stage requirements:
-Prevents ice;
-Breaths normaly and adjust correct on waterlevel changes;
-Reliable;
-Durable
-Prefer well brands
-prefer new technology
-Not easy to break (prefer some kind of metal);
-Not to heavy that i have to hold it with my hand or hurts in my mouth;
-Price range under 1000

You will get many, many answers and questions. If I was starting over with no gear I would get a Hog backplate and wing and a Hog regulator set.

I agree on the BPW. Meets all your requirements and will be the most economical as well. No idea what brands are available in the Netherlands. Maybe Rotuner will chime in on this.

I ship worldwide but customs and taxes as well as shipping could easily run you over your budget.

As for the reg a simple balanced diaphragm sealed first stage with an adjustable second is what you want. Nearly every brad has one or more in their line. Some are quite economical like HOG and Edge here in the US. Others are ridiculously expensive. Again being in Europe you need to look at what the brands you have available to you there offer vs buying overseas and having it shipped.

I send a great deal overseas but many of my customers are military with APO's and shipping is cheap compared to non US persons buying. Even at that there are times when it is still less than buying over there. Depends on the country. Germany is bad, bad, bad for non US persons. 19% tax is around the norm.

Spain is not too bad. Far East is cheap compared to the EU.

Message me and I'll use my VAT and DUTY calculator to give you a rough idea of what to expect buying from the US.

For the BCD you will need a back inflate to avoid squeeze, either a backplate and wing or BC. For cold water I would recommend a sealed diaphragm first stage like a MK-17, Apeks DST, an AL Titan LX with a cold water kit or the Hog. For the second stages if you want metal then that may be more difficult, Scubapro makes a metal second stage but it is expensive. You could purchase older used metal seconds like the SP balanced adjustable or an Aqualung Conshelf 14.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom