How is Northwest on 62" bag size limitation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They care more about weight (and if you stuff that bag full, weight may be a problem.) I've never seen any airline measure a checked bag even some that were obviously over. They might if something was obviously way over, but when the rule is 62" they are not going to bother you about a 62" bag.

Thanks! Was hoping to hear that. Its not that its stuffed "full" it's just that a Ranger LTD, fins, boots, 3mm full, mask and boat duffle take up a lot of room...

I'm coming in under 40#

Thanks! Was hoping to hear that. Its not that its stuffed "full" it's just that a Ranger LTD, fins, boots, 3mm full, mask and boat duffle take up a lot of room...

I'm coming in under 40#

we always try to pack our bags about 5lbs light going on a trip.... we know that gear always seems to weigh more on the way back, plus there are always those extra souvenirs we stuff in there. :D When we were in Hawaii 2 years ago, we saw they had a scale sitting right out by the check-in counter for everyone to use before checking in. Good thing! We had to shift some stuff from one bag to another to get under 50# in each. We saw lots of other people doing the same thing. I wish all airports did this!

robin:D

Robin. i agree! i don't fully trust our bathroom scale!

Now, get to CCV and start compiling dives for your trip report - we're going in April and until then i'll live vicariously through you!

Back
Top Bottom