Rescue Diver Class at home? Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

squidgy

Registered
Reaction score
I wanted to take the Rescue classes and pool at home ( So Cal ) and finish in Cozumel but the dive operation in Cozumel said I couldn't do that without the Instructor there with me to verify the first stages. Now my question is, should I offer to pay half of travel for Instructor to go with me plus the class or just do the whole thing in Cozumel? I have 3 others going so we would get a pretty good group rate.
The cold water in Laguna Beach really bothers my sinuses.
Thanks,
( I might have one of the others talked into taking the course, then we could pay for the Instructor )

Find another dive shop in coz. There are lots of them. Tell them you want to do rescue scenarios as referral. Your local instructor will need to sign your log for all of the skills work.

I wanted to take the Rescue classes and pool at home ( So Cal ) and finish in Cozumel but the dive operation in Cozumel said I couldn't do that without the Instructor there with me to verify the first stages. Now my question is, should I offer to pay half of travel for Instructor to go with me plus the class or just do the whole thing in Cozumel? I have 3 others going so we would get a pretty good group rate.
The cold water in Laguna Beach really bothers my sinuses.
Thanks,
( I might have one of the others talked into taking the course, then we could pay for the Instructor )

I cannot comment on other agencies but for PADI here is how the course is suppose to be conducted:

1) Knowledge Review - this is the theory behind the course and can be conducted wither on-line or in a classroom setting.

2) 10 Rescue Exercises - These can be demonstrated first in "confined water", such as a pool, but will be conducted in Open Water settings.

3) Rescue Scenarios - There are two Rescue Scenarios that are to be conducted in Open Water settings. These might be repeated to reinforce concepts.

Other than the Theory which can be done on-line the Rescue Exercises and Rescue Scenarios are not to be separated. I suppose that if you wanted to you could pay an instructor at your home local for a Rescue course and only do the Rescue Exercises as demonstrations in a pool then pay again for the course at Coz. But you cannot split the On-line Knowledge Reviews between two dive training centers, so you would have to pay for two complete courses.

I recommend finding a dive center that you want to train with in Coz, register with them and do the On-line theory, then complete the Rescue Exercises and Scenarios in Coz...usually two days.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom