Indonesia scuba diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fishstix

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I recommend that everyone cancel their travel & scuba plans to Indonesia because of their execution of foreigners on Wednesday. They are in a killin' mood over there, and I wouldn't recommend risking your life to support their government policies/economy.

It's way simpler than that. They have a very conspicuous sign when you get off the plane and go into the terminal towards customs that says something like "Importing drugs into the country carries the penalty of death". I believed them the first time I saw it and the rest of the times too.

It would be interesting to know how effective it is on reducing drug use and the terrible effect it has on people.

Should I hold off diving in the US until we repeal capital punishment here?
You forgot that Capital Punishment in the US does not usually apply to foreigners......only the home grown variety. The US does not execute any foreigner........at least not on US soil :wink:.

So, I guess people like me can continue to travel to or pass through the US every year for the time being.

I take travel warnings from these guys: Alerts and Warnings

Indonesia is not on their list.

Yeah, if you plan on (as these guys did) to violate a countries laws, you better stay out of it! No crime committed, no punishment. So I suggest to ALL CRIMINALS out there that they better check a countries laws and punishment rather than complaining about the consequences! I will not on any circumstances boycott this country who obviously has the backbone to carry out its laws.

A pretty good rundown of places not on my list to go to. I have to admit I've done Mexico more than a few times however.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I just checked the specifics within Mexico. Looks like the State of Quintana Roo has no advisories. What if Mexico puts out advisories for their Mexican citizens to avoid within the US. Would Baltimore, New York, Los Angeles be on their list? How about Detroit?

1. Coming in behind the Motor City, New Orleans had the second-highest murder rate, and Oakland had the second-highest rate of violent crime. One bright spot for Detroit is that crime rates actually took a dive from 2012, when there were 55 murders per 100,000 people, as well as a higher rate of all violent crimes.Nov 12, 2014

If it is not some darn Terrorist group its drug lords. Guess I have to pick who I rather put up with. Any save places out there? Oh, I forgot, then we need to worry about
    natural disasters......., Ebola, hungry lions in the National Park and bears,.....and since this is a dive forum, let's not forget the SHARKS!!!!!

... What if Mexico puts out advisories for their Mexican citizens to avoid within the US. Would Baltimore, New York, Los Angeles be on their list? How about Detroit?
Great question.
I didn't find anything from Mexico, but both Canada and the UK have been warning about Baltimore for the last week.

Great question.
I didn't find anything from Mexico, but both Canada and the UK have been warning about Baltimore for the last week.

Not sure Baltimore is a must do dive destination

---------- Post added May 3rd, 2015 at 07:32 PM ----------

I recommend that everyone cancel their travel & scuba plans to Indonesia because of their execution of foreigners on Wednesday. They are in a killin' mood over there, and I wouldn't recommend risking your life to support their government policies/economy.

Better knock Malaysia off your list, they have the same rules, oh and Singapore too.

Personally I have no problems with any country executing people smuggling drugs such as heroin if they are guilty of such deeds and not set up by some low life criminals, as I have seen first hand what these drugs can do to a family, I would probably even volunteer to be a member of the firing squad.:m16:

Back
Top Bottom