Luxury Dive Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chaseh

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
This was going to be posted in regional sections, but didn't know where would be most appropriate.

Could folks please give some suggestions for higher end but dedicated dive resorts?

While rather happy at the all inclusive dive resorts we've found so far, I'm interested to see if there are some more luxurious resorts, hopefully in the Caribbean, that still allow divers to get max diving done.

So far, it seems like it's either a great resort where you may find some dives, or a dive resort which may involve some compromises on food and other services.

Yeah, there are tons that are outstanding to that uber level. 4 Seasons Nevis comes to mind. I'm interested if there are one's that are really focused on diving that also are focused on the luxury.

The place you want is Wakatobi. Not in the Caribbean though.
World class diving with premium comfort and service.
Worth looking into. It's on my short list of must-do dive trips.
Very rich biodiversity, much more macro than big-animal stuff.
Rex

i think it's pretty hard to find a "dedicated" dive resort at the top of the range. The Westin Grand Cayman is a top-end resort which caters to quite a few divers, but it's not dedicated to diving.

Amanwana - an Aman hotel at Moyo island, Flores - not Caribiean; with three-Night Offer at Ocean tent +diving of USD 2400++ or USD 19,800 for their Komodo expedition - can be considered luxury.
But, I don't think it is a fully dedicated dive resort.

There are plenty. As mentioned above, the Four Season Hotels in tropical locations cater to divers. Also there are certain specific places in far-flung locales: The Maldives, The Seychelles, Papau New Guinea, Truk, Tahiti, Fiji, Yap, etc.

Where do you want to go?

Harbour Village on Bonaire might fit what you're looking for. Especially the suites. Also there's Little Dix Bay on Virgin Gorda, but it's not a dive resort. Just a beautiful setting on their private bay with snorkeling/diving? with turtles. Pickups off their dock with Dive BVI.

Thanks for the notes on Harbor Village and Wakatobi. Both look outstanding. I'm not saying this is all I'll be seeking from here on out, but I'd like to hear about more about places like these, that actually do seem to be focused on divers and have the extra level of services which can take a trip away from the real world to the next level.

I just don't hear much about luxury and diving combined and would like to know what options may be available.

Bonaire's on our short list now, so Harbor Village may be in our future. Indonesia is certainly something we'd like to tackle one day, and Wakatobi looks like a steal for the amenities they're offering.

We are going on the Cuan Law in the BVI this summer, which is supposed to be one of if not the most luxurious liveaboards around.

I'll let you know!

Also in the BVI, Peter Island Resort, while not dedicated to divers, has an onsite dive shop and the resort is TOP notch.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom