Best dive site ?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AtomicScubaDiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
If you had to pick the best dive site that you have ever been on, (Keep it Clean):D List: Where, Site Name, Time of Year, Interesting Features, and Sea Life.

If you had to pick the best dive site that you have ever been on, (Keep it Clean):D List: Where, Site Name, Time of Year, Interesting Features, and Sea Life.

that is impossible to do! I have different favorites for different reasons:
My favorite big animal encounter: Palau, Peleliu Cut, Dec, deep wall in raging current, 50+ sharks schooling for mating in front of us for the whole dive
My favorite cold water advanced dive: California, Oil rig Grace, 250' to bottom in 56 degree water, watch your depth! Big active oil rig platform covered in anemones and critters the colors of the rainbow, deep dark, intense
My favorite drift dives: Anything in Palau, most incredible verticle walls in the world, best everything!
My favorite small fish encounter: Bonaire, at Yellow Sub, June shore dive, baby fish of every kind in the Caribbean, dive can last 2 hours if you are good on air!
My favorite shore dive: Bonaire, Andrea II, June, walk right into water to lush reef and 20+ squid who hung out with us and watched us for half the dive
My favorite wreck dive: Key largo, Speigel Grove, June, did this dive back when it was still on its side, its the biggest friggin' thing I have ever seen underwater! I felt like a fly on a skyscraper
My favorite kelp dive: California Channel Islands, Anacapa, Cathedral Cove, Sept, a complete canopy of green/gold kelp covered the surface over us with the sunbeams twinking through, I swear I heard angels singing "Laaaaaaaa"
Favorite Night dive: Bahamas on the Nekton, Playground, June, shallow night dive with no current and encounters with an octopus out hunting that let us tag along and watch for 5+ minutes, a huge turtle the size of a VW, tons of eels, dive last over an hour and I didn't want to get back on the boat.
My favorite wall dive: Palau, Blue Corner southside, drift along a lush garden with vertical wall, sharks all around, soft coral and hard coral, colors were breathtaking!

robin:D
videos of most of these on my website: RnR Scuba

Robint,

I share your feelings on Palau, great place. I was hoping this thread would produce not only the other sites that you pointed out, but many others that I have not had the pleasure to dive yet. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Wolf Island, Galapagos (September):
Schools of scalloped hammerheads and Galapagos sharks, blacktip sharks, silky sharks, squadrons of spotted eagle rays, red-lipped batfish and hordes of moray eels.

or

Los Islotes, La Paz, Mexico (October)
Sea lions, guitarfish, mobula rays, dozens of moray eels, octopus and nudibranchs. When anchored by the arch that bisects the tip of the island, dive through the arch. The walls of the arch are covered with life in every color imaginable.

Hi there!

I'm planning a trip to Palau in June. I will dive for 5 or 6 days, land base. Could you share what the MUST-DO sites are? And on land MUST-DO?

Thank you very much!

Darwins Arch, Galapagos, November - schooling hammerhead sharks, heaps of morays, Galapagos sharks, rays, so many fish you couldn't see through them, sealions, loads of huge whalesharks and then leaping dolphins all the way back to the liveaboard. Hard work and pretty cold, but stands out as the dive of my life so far!

Back
Top Bottom