Mike Ball overcharging Americans in Australia?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

farsidefan1

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am going to be diving with Mike Ball in a few weeks on his Spoilsport. All seemed fine till a google search brought up an article written in 2001 about how he was overcharging Americans and Japanese divers an extra 20 to 40% because he felt they could afford it. Now I'm not quite as happy. I'm wondering if this practice has been discontinued however because in the article it pointed out that no prices were shown on his website untill you disclosed where you were located. Currently that is not the case. I was able to view prices before confessing I was a Yank:eyebrow:.

Anyway I just didn't want to be getting screwed. Anyone know anything about how all this was resolved:no?

Currently that is not the case. I was able to view prices before confessing I was a Yank:eyebrow:.

Don't count on that. Your IP address will reveal your location and therefore your pricing quite effectively! :crafty:

Glad you did :search:

Current, but bad old news.

As mentioned old news. We dove with them in PNG and Australia and they are great. You can see trip reports and slide shows for both at our website. You will have a great time.

I will say that if you dive their Aussy boat, it is MUCH cheaper to book it there. We checked that out when we were coming back from PNG and stopped in Cairnes. US prices were quite a bit higher. It might be even worse now with the US dollar falling rapidly against the AUS dollar.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom