Where would you go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeanne001

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
My husband just told me to plan a short dive trip for the end of September (Anniversary) Any Friday - Monday. Where should we go? Should we stay local or travel somewhere kinda close? Where would you go?

From Olmstedville? I'd go to Bonaire--if I had access to a private jet. Otherwise, Friday to Monday isn't enough time to fly anywhere to dive. When you take into account the hassles of modern air travel and the constraints on flying after diving, I think the local watering hole starts to look good.

Friday thru Monday is plenty of time to do a decent "short" dive trip. Fly out early Friday....fly back late Monday. We've done that quite a few times.

You have plenty of time to plan.

You could go to Boynton Beach, FL and do up to 8 drift dives total Saturday and Sunday with Scubakevdm. Awesome.

Underwater Explorers - SCUBA Diving Boynton Beach, Delray, Palm Beach, Reefs and Wrecks

Bahamas, maybe even past Nassau and Grand Bahama. Cayman, Bimini. That would be about the range.

Bermuda? I would think any major dive city in Florida is reachable on a single flight from NYC. But I don't know where Olmstedville is...

Friday thru Monday is plenty of time to do a decent "short" dive trip. Fly out early Friday....fly back late Monday. We've done that quite a few times.

You have plenty of time to plan.

You could go to Boynton Beach, FL and do up to 8 drift dives total Saturday and Sunday with Scubakevdm. Awesome.

Underwater Explorers - SCUBA Diving Boynton Beach, Delray, Palm Beach, Reefs and Wrecks

I agree....... Boynton or Boca Raton or Palm Beach. Fly in late Thurs or early Fri, and dive Friday, Sat, and Sun morning, then fly home Monday late. Check with Kevin in Boynton (Underwater Explorers - SCUBA Diving Boynton Beach, Delray, Palm Beach, Reefs and Wrecks),
or
Splashdown Divers
or
head south to Boca area (lots of dive ops there. Check out www.southfloridadiving.com ). We have done both and it can be done on a weekend. It is all drift diving (unless they are doing a wreck) and fun.

robin:D

Looks like Albany is your nearest airport? That should give you some decent flights to Florida. I assume you folks have done the St Lawrence? I'm down in the mid-hudson valley and have that area on my short list! Or how bout up to Quebec!

If you want something different, like the idea of live aboard dive boats, and want to stay in the U.S. consider the Texas Flower Gardens. Check out gulf-diving.com from what I have heard they run a very nice operation with 2 day trips out to the Flower Gardens (100 miles offshore), I have never been out with them, but have been to the flower gardens on private boats, etc. and I think it is as good, or better than anything I have seen in Florida.

Ike

Back
Top Bottom