Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.

Thread: Dive Recommendations: Roatan, Belize City & Cozumel

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    100 - 199

Question Dive Recommendations: Roatan, Belize City & Cozumel

My wife & I are in search for our Hawaii in the Caribbean. We live in NH and want to find a place that is not a 12 hour flight to get there.

We are taking our second Western Caribbean Cruise this time on the Norwegian Pearl out of Miami, March 8-15, 2009. We'll be stopping in Roatan, Belize City & Cozumel.

Any recommendations for dive shops that work with cruisers?

If I couldn't dive all three, my wife doesn't dive, only snorkels, what are the must dives. I'm PADI AOW Certified. 1st, 2nd 3rd island dive choices?

Any recommendations on really good shops that provide for a diver & snorkeler to have a great time doing their own thing at the same time together?

Thanks!

Photographer

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499
    Photos
    If I were stopping there I would on Roatan go with AKR, CZM with Aldora........@ Belize City, you'll have to go out to the one of the Caye's--that will be hard to do ie on a cruise---time wise????
    Last edited by diver 85; November 23rd, 2008 at 10:48 PM.
    Some of my UW pics with Canon S95, FIX housing, S&S 110A strobes X2:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/80825593@N08/sets
    Canon A570IS & Canon housing: http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w...er/UW PS Pics/
    .....GEAUX TIGERS.....BCS CHAMPS '03 & '07...........

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    100 - 199
    Thanks! Much appreciated!

NA

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    I'm a Fish!
    Photos
    Do the Dolphin Encounter in Cozumel, The Cave Tubing in Belize, and the Shark Dive in Roatan! Or The AKR Snorkel in Roatan if your wife makes you

Here is some cave tubing shots:Two Tanked Productions HD & SD Underwater Productions and video services

Photographer

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499
    Photos
    Quote Originally Posted by djmccarthy View Post
    Thanks! Much appreciated!

Forgot about the shark dive on Roatan(like PaPa bear said)....go straight to the 2 Italians--they call it Cara a Cara, are on the south side, west of the airport @ Las Palmos 'shopping center'---lol......great little dive-one you won't forget for a while....
    Canon A570IS & Canon housing: http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w...er/UW PS Pics/

New User

Has not set a "status"

I'm looking for a 4 or 5 day package to somewhere in the Carribbean or Mexico for a Christmas/New Years get away. Any and all suggestions welcome.

Peter

Scuba Instructor

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    I'm a Fish!
    Quote Originally Posted by bexpet View Post
    I'm looking for a 4 or 5 day package to somewhere in the Carribbean or Mexico for a Christmas/New Years get away. Any and all suggestions welcome.

Peter
    Just got back from Playa. Dove Playa (Wrecks and Bulls), Cozumel and the Cenotes.

Non stop on USAIR. Plenty of connections with Continental through Houston.

Stayed at the Riu Yucatan. Not bad. Got a great deal. Not a big fan of all inclusives. Nice beach, decent buffet.

Dove with GeoFish Dive Center. Absolutely great dive shop. They take care of all your needs.

Other Options:
    St. Croix -Carambola Resort and Cane Bay Divers

Belize (San Pedro) - Stay at the Sun Breeze Hotel and Ecologic Divers

Bonaire is too far for 5 days ... need a week
    Key West - Tons to pick from there. Get in some nice wreck diving. Probably be pretty crowded.
    Roatan ... same as Bonaire

Good luck.

JcF
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” -- Andre Gide

Our site rocks @ the Academy of Scuba: All Divers Welcome!
    Follow the Academy of Scuba on Facebook

Photographer

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499
    Photos
    Quote Originally Posted by bexpet View Post

Peter

The Caribbean is wide open---weather dependant---@ that time of the year.....Example: US cold fronts that drop temps lets say to 15-20 degrees F. in the deep south will kick your butt in CZM, Belize, Roatan etc(wind & rain wise)......Now saying that, CZM and somewhat Belize will be 'shut down' diving wise for a few days----Roatan has 360 degree diving so all you'll do is dive the South side(resorts move their boats there for a few days) if you're staying on the North side.....I know BIBR, AKR, ILR, SDM do anyway......Therefore,----I would concentrate on Roatan.....btw, I've been to Roatan 12 times in Dec or January & have lost a total of 1/2 (afternoon while they were moving the boats) days of diving 2 times---@ least with those 4 places I mentioned.....and---it's never been in the 50's there, ever..., nice......