How many countries have you been to?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rhone Man

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Not so much a diving question, as a general travel discussion point. I booked a side trip to Morocco next year (business trip to Madrid) which will be the 45th country I will have been to. That puts me roughly a quarter of the way through the world's countries, and I am on pace to get through about half of them before I die at this rate.

How many countries has everyone else visited? My wife thinks it is a weird obsession of mine trying to go to new countries all the time, but it is a big world, and I like seeing different parts of it.

Reactions: Jax
21. Not counting a few others where I only sat in their airports.

Good question, and I don't think it's odd at all. As you say, it's a big world, and there's something amazing in every land.
I've been in 35 different countries (as with Hank, not counting airport-only visits). And I've visited every state in the US except for Alaska and Hawaii (and we're planning Hawaii for the spring...).

Only been to 20 countries :depressed: and I'm not counting stopovers where I sat at the airport.

Freeport Bahamas made 56 countries. I have no idea how many I have actually dove in.:eyebrow:

I made a list of 37, I'm probably forgetting a few. Then there are places that I'm not sure how to count like Greenland (Denmark?), Jan Mayen (Norway?), Guam (USA?), etc.

Last edited:
I've counted 30 countries and all the states with a coastline except Maine.

I counted 22. I had only a little problem: how to count the past visits to Yugoslavia, the Sowiet Union and Czechoslovakia?:) Anyway it isn't hard to visit many different countries in a few days around Hungary, this Central-European region with the tiny countries is smaller than Texas in itself.:)

22. One for ever year of my life. My first actual dive trip out of the U.S. will finally happen in January to Bonaire.

If we count countries that have their own flag (!) as well as some that are not on the map any longer, 52-ish. Have not dived in enough of them, and some (Angola, Mozambique, Sierra Leone) I have no real desire to return to... unless someone pays me a lot of money and I get to handpick my travel companions.

Travel does broaden the mind but it is so nice to come home to North America. God Bless your country and mine.

Reactions: Jax
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom