So, where have I been?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whoever is prescribing your BP medicine...
Not taking any of that. My BP runs low which could be in play here. I saw my Cardiologist last week and he was pleased.

My BP runs low which could be in play here.
Well, it ran low in the rehab facility, possibly because I just laid around in bed most of the time aside from three hours of PT a day. It stayed low here at home for a while, the same weeks as the dizzy spells on standing, but both of those have cleared up. My BP runs rather average now, and I have no dizziness when standing up. I am glad that has passed.

It's been two months now since the knee surgery and that leg is strong, the knee is bending well, and I am almost walking normally except for the one painful, weak point in the knee. My orthopedic can't say why. That leg is still swollen somewhat, but much of that is edema. I'll be picking up my water pill script tomorrow and hopefully that'll clear up quickly. The doctor has offered to repeat the knee surgery and clean out, but he's not finding any infection when he aspirates it so I don't see the point and he is not pushing the idea. I don't want to spend Christmas in the rehab hospital so I'm waiting and hoping for healing.

I lost about 20 pounds but am working on putting most of that back on. I was rather pleased with my weight before, somewhat less than in recent years, and I don't want to have to replace all of my trousers.

A lot of old man crap I suppose.

@DandyDon May your healing be swift and please keep sharing your finds with the SB community. Thank you for being our diving news aggregator.

Thank you for being our diving news aggregator.
Ditto.
Don, you provide a 'Continuing Education Reminder' service enjoyed by the silent majority.

Just now seeing this, hope your recovery is swift.
I have to remind myself that balancing on a walker is challenging. I'm still swatting flies that got inside when someone left the door open for an airing Friday. I had a good shot, reached for the swatter, fell off of my walker, and landed with a thud and scrapes. It took me a while to climb back up and hobble to the bathroom for antiseptic wipes and large bandages. Such is why I keep getting Be Careful reminders from family.

This can be a fun option when trying to eliminate flies...

Just now seeing this, hope your recovery is swift.

This can be a fun option when trying to eliminate flies...
Amazon links don't show on this site.

Amazon links don't show on this site.
Yes they do. I was able to select her link and it took me right there. Search Amazon for this is it still doesn't show.

Screenshot_20231119_080040_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Search Amazon
For the BUG-A-SALT, a little shotgun that shoots salt? Looks like fun if you don't mind spreading salt all over. o_O

For the BUG-A-SALT, a little shotgun that shoots salt? Looks like fun if you don't mind spreading salt all over. o_O
How many flies ya got???? :eek:

How many flies ya got???? :eek:
Very few now with the colder weather. I found a couple that had survived in my car today, but got them out ok.

I ordered two Bug Guns as my grandson will need one too. We'll have fun shooting things even tho some comments say that they only stun flies. I got a new Bug-A-Salt 2.5 on ebay for $40 with free shipping and another brand on Walmart with two barrels for $10: Air Warriors Bug Hunter Double Barrel Salt Blaster with Dual Stage Trigger - Walmart.com The models that use CO2 cartridges may be more effective, but maybe later.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom