Bonaire vs. Red Sea liveaboard (Daedalus, Elphinstone, Brothers)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JDelage

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
All,

I'm working on planning a 1 week trip for myself and am hesitating between 2 projects: (1) Bonaire and (2) the new Red Sea Aggressor (trip to Daedalus, Elphinstones, and the Brothers). Both would be completely new experiences for me.

Does anyone here have experience on both those locations? I could really use some help deciding. Let's keep the money aspect out of the discussion as this is actually the easiest one to figure out.

Many thanks,

JD

:rofl3:

Yes, I've been to both.

In Bonaire, they have Heiniken, scorpions and donkeys.

In the Red Sea, they have other stuff.

So there you go then, that settles it.

Red Sea it is. Getting there from Washington state ought to be a long flight, though.

Been to both. Although Bonaire is probably the best the Caribbean has to offer, diving is superior in the Red Sea

I haven't been to Bonaire, but I've been to the Red Sea twice. We had a ball. If you like wreck diving, it's hard for me to imagine better wreck diving for the recreational diver than the Red Sea. It's just plain chock full of "real" wrecks, wrecks with history, and all of them covered in sea life. The hard corals are spectacular in many places, and soft corals are everywhere. We didn't see mammoth numbers of reef fish and saw fairly few sharks, but we saw oodles of the biggest morays you can imagine, and tons of other stuff. The water was warm (very warm in the south) and clear, and in most places, currents were mild. Dolphins, however, were plentiful.

For me, the decision would be fairly easy, because I absolutely love liveaboards. But I'd recommend the one we used, the MV Tala. You can't have more fun than you will have on the Tala.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom