Dont know what destination to choose...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Safety Stop

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Don't know which one to choose for my next dive trip...Fiji Island or Maldives. Any comments?

Envoyé de mon SM-T310 en utilisant Tapatalk

What do you want to see? Wrecks? Big Animals? Coral Reefs? You want to dive deep or stay 60feet or less? What conditions (depth, temp, visibility, animals, terrain etc) would describe an ideal trip for you?

Good viz is a must (for photos), 100 fts max and could be anything interesting to see underwater...wrecks, big or small marine lifes, etc.

Envoyé de mon SM-T310 en utilisant Tapatalk

Don't know Fiji, but been to Maldives 4 times. Viz fine. Depending on the time of the year and location Manta's, Whale Sharks etc. the South is better. I prefer liveaboards as shore diving can become quite expensive. Check the Siren Fleet i.e. They do liveaboards in the South.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't been to Fiji but a local friend goes every year. Vis totally depends on where you dive. Getting out to Bligh waters you will get 100' vis, staying in closer will get you 50' vis at best. So if you want to shoot WA, then you have got to get OUT, liveaboards have no problem getting there. Day boats from resorts depend totally on weather conditions and rough seas are expected regardless.

Which ever one you choose, do the other one next year.....:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom